Starting over

robertogonzalez

Reefing newb
:^:Hi my name is Robert I have been into salt water aquariums for some time now I became ill a few months ago with heart problems and other medical issues that have kept me away from my aquarium After a no energy spell I am trying to get back into the swing of things__mainly my aquarium after a few months of not even looking at it I`m surprise to see that a couple of fish and three corals have survived I don`t know how they did it with no food or water changes. So the problem is do I need to start all over again or kust clean everything i have and give it a couple of 50% water changes and can my live rock be washed out real good with the water hose. Thanks for any suggestions

Hi Robert.
I would do a 20% water change every 4-5 days. What are your water parameters? Have you done any testing?

I don't think you need to start over, but don't use tha water hose on your live rock. You'll kill most everything on it. You can place it in your water you siphon out from your water change and scrub it off in that if you need to.

Welcome to the site Robert.
I agree with David.The first step should be to test your parameters and see where their at.Then some 20 to 30% changes untill everything is back where it should be.
No need to start over,just think about getting what you've already got back in shape.

Back