Starving fish

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
Over the last 8 months I have lost my midas blenny and a diamond goby to what appeared to me to be starvation and at the end a curved spine.

Now my other diamond goby and saber tooth blenny are also appearing extremely malnurished and have curving spines.

They all eat heartily and do not show any signs of sores on their scales or fins.

None of my other fish are exhibiting this at the moment.

I have done a lot of googling and cannot find mention of these symptoms.

My LFS recommended using ammino vitamin liquid with my mysis which I have been doing now for a couple of months but still I feel I am about to lose move fish over this mystery problem.

Does anyone recommend using a parasite medication or something? I am thinking maybe it something like an intestinal worm since they eat and appear to be ok but are getting skinnier every day.

Sounds like fish tb, but im not sure if that is only freshwater?

Yeah i thought about that but it is usually associated with sores and none of the fish have had any sores or signs of sickness other than being skinny. I think they are malnourished which is the cause of the spinal curve.

Are they newer fish that you're putting in getting sick?

Well it started with my first midas blenny she was sick for months. Then my goby and now my saber blenny who i dont think is going to make it through the night.

But my tailspot blenny, clown,anthias, mandarin, and cardinal who are all older fish than the goby and saber blenny are fine.

So yes it seems like the newer fish are getting it.

I'm also wondering, my first fish died similarly and was told it was due to the fish being caught with cyanide ... another thing to consider

Yeah but I have the fish for weeks or even months would cyanide cause them to waste away slowly like that? I lost my saber tooth blenny last night I had it for at least 3 months. I am really annoyed by this.

Back