stay away from liveaquaria.com!

pinstripes

Reefing newb
I thought I warned you guys about liveaquaria.com. I order one of there frag packs. It came cheap and looked nothing like the corals thats on their website. Then I order some of their fishes. They all came small and all died. Your better off buying from marinedepotlive.com which I never had a problem with.

pin

Sorry to hear that.I used Liveaquaria several times,everything was shipped well and was very pleased with my order.Nothing died except peppermint shrimps,but they credited me no questions ask,no pictures.

I have to disagree here. I've ordered pipefish and other fragile fish from liveaqaria and they were all alive and healthy.

Our club has placed group orders with them and when things did arive dead they replaced no questions ask and even paid the shipping.

The only questionable experience I have ever had with them is with the live rock, but they ended up sending me a whole new box and let me keep the old.

My opinion is they have a good products with great service. Just my 2cents.

I agree with BKV on this one, ive ordered alot of stuff from them over the years and have had a few complaints with quality (mainly liverock) but there customer service always fixes the problem easily and quickly

i was just about to ask about their quality on fish? would you recommend ordering any fish from them if the nearest saltwater fish store is about an hour away?

I would if they have what you want in stock.

Another trick I have learned... If you call them you can have them deliver for Saturday delivery, but if you tell them you want to pick it up at the fedex location saturday at 8 am it doesn't cost you the extra 12.50, plus your fish are picked up and in your tank before it gets hot.

Brandon

something else to consider is there warranty, ive have yet to find a fish store that has any more than a 24 hour warranty, liveaquaria offers 14 days I believe, and ive heard of several people that have had to use that warranty and said it was very easy dealing with them.

im sure it has alot to do with who you talk to and how you approach them, but yes Ive heard of them resending corals with no pics or corpses. but I think that they can request that you send it back or send a pic if they want to. but if your being honest it shouldnt matter right? but anyway if you do order and it dies they have excellent cusotmer service

i've ordered coral and fish from blue zoo aquatics, marinedepot live, liveaquaria, etropicals, thatpetplace.com, and all were alive and lived no problems but one thing i don't do is order during hottest time of summer do to temperature outside. the best price and service i get is from saltwaterfish.com every so often i get free stuff, there always out of stock on corals but i get my cleaning crews from there site.

freak, they really replaced your fish will no questions asked? no pictures or anything?

Yes they ask me no questions and no pictures.All they ask was if I wanted a refund or a replacement.I've been using Liveaquaria and there main site..Dr. Foster and Smith for like forever.I don't know if it was just me since I been a long time customer or if this is the norm.

i have always considered ordering online, only thing i have had problems overcoming is that you can not see the fish before you get them. i think everyone is with me when i say that i have gone to the lfs to get a new fish and there are 4 different ones of the same species and there is definately one or two that look better than the others.

I'm right there with you on that redline.
I'm not going to say that I wont order ever order fish or corals off the net,or mail order.But as long as I can see it swim,open,eat,and know thats its in good health,at the LFS.Then thats the way I wont to go.
Some things it pays to be picky about,and IMHO,our live stock should be at the top of that list.

Back