Steve's 90 Gallon Reef

Picked up this marble starfish about a week ago. Its colors are awesome. Fades from red to orange at center and the markings fade from purple to tan/white in the center. Picture doesnt do it justice. It has been cruising the tank ever since!
CAM00596.jpg
CAM00611.jpg

I checked the tank last night after work and found 2 anemones!! It split, how cool!! One of them moved and is facing the back....the other one is still under a rock, but in the front, so I am hoping it moves forward...I gave them both a small piece of food yesterday and they both took it, which is a good sign as well. So now I have 2 healthy nems. Sweet Deal! :D

I checked the tank last night after work and found 2 anemones!! It split, how cool!! One of them moved and is facing the back....the other one is still under a rock, but in the front, so I am hoping it moves forward...I gave them both a small piece of food yesterday and they both took it, which is a good sign as well. So now I have 2 healthy nems. Sweet Deal! :D
thats great mate:thumbsup:

Picking up my purple tile fish today! I've been trying to find one of these forever!!! My LFS got it about a week and a half ago for me and it is eating like a pig!! :D :thumbsup:

There will be no pics...the next day I found it on top of my screen top dead...it managed to jump thru the screen top. I have no idea how it made it thru a 1/2" square as it was pretty big. I know they are jumpers, but was not concerned considering his size. Lesson learned and ordered new material with 1/4" squares....I am still pretty pissed about this. :mad: :cry:

and to top it off, of the 4 anthias I got 3 weeks ago, I am down to 1. They have died for no apparent reason. All were eating, I was feeding, 2x a day, and no one was harassing them. Its been a rough couple weeks.......

and to top it off, of the 4 anthias I got 3 weeks ago, I am down to 1. They have died for no apparent reason. All were eating, I was feeding, 2x a day, and no one was harassing them. Its been a rough couple weeks.......
Bad news Steve guess youve checked water quality ,parameters

Bad fish. I know you want an answer, that is all I have to offer, crap. Sorry man, I wouldn't have fish if the corals didn't do so good.

That really sucks! Sorry for all your losses, Steve. I really wanted to see that tile fish in your tank. I think getting my anthias from a local reefer made it easier for me since they had already been estalished for a year.

Back