Steve's LEDs

Bebop

Reefing newb
(In interest of full disclosure, I had probably one of the worse incidents regarding shipping with the item in question, part that shouldn’t have broken broke for no apparent reason. However, I still would buy from Steve again.)

I recently bought a LED retrofit from Steve’s LEDs. From the start Steve was very responsive, answering emails within 30 minutes of getting them (one as fast as 5 minutes). He answered all of my newbie questions and everything.

Then came shipping. When the kit shipped out, one part broke in shipping (the fan that was inside the power supply unit). This kit came with insurance, so that took care of it but it delayed the process.

After getting a replacement unit, I had to wire the thing. The instructions are good, but not the best in the world (a hand full of things are in different guides so it gets confusing). But Steve was really patient with me, answering even the simplest of questions with out being short with me.

All in all I would buy from Steve again. The kit is great.

The only real complaints I have is that when I got the PSU replaced I had to pay for shipping again (which, in my case wasn’t a big deal since I had to buy another part that I forgot in my initial order anyway).

If anyone else is looking to do a LED retrofit, I recommend Steve’s LEDs.

I'll post some photos later today or tomorrow.

So far I'm pretty happy. I have a hand full of complaints (the dimmer knobs are a pain to use and you can't turn either set off lights off with out turning the whole thing off) but really the LED's light up my tank so much better than the stock lights did.

I'm getting a controller so I can set up the sunrise/sunsets. That should arrive today and I'll post a photo of that set up.

Pictures!

The pic on the site really is what the unit looks like (I had a picture but I'm not sure where it went)

Here's a photo with it lit at about 50% light (100% is blinding...learned that the hard way)

7045811733_0919aeebff_c.jpg

And this is a photo of my tank as a whole

6899712744_ef371f6dbd_c.jpg

and from the side.

6894643320_cc102326d7_z.jpg

Nice! I'm glad you posted this. I wanna eventually get l.e.d.'s. I found a kit on there that would save me nearly a $1000 bucks awesome!

Back