Still thinking about an anemone...

Cr1ck37

Reefing newb
Ok, so I previously asked about substitute anemones cause of my lighting, but I'm still thinking about getting a bubble tip anemone. Friend of mine has a similar dual fixture with an anemone but I'd rather not take a chance. My current lights are Nova Extreme 2x24 watt T5 HO 12K/460nm, I'm thinking of getting ANOTHER fixture of the same to go side by side...would this work?

Great site! Thanks! Will do lots of reading. I did however plan on waiting, but I was asking in general if the lights would work :D

Well that would be about 3.3 watts per gallon and I THINK it needs to be at least 4 so I dont know if that would be quite enough.

Maybe you should look into saving up for the Nova 6 bulb fixture and then selling your current one.

I think they need around 6 watts per gallon, but either way, it is more than two of those fixtures will give you. I would go with Amber's suggestion of a 6 bulb fixture.

Thanks for the info, was thinking of a way to make use of my existing one. Those things sure require a lot of power! But I guess I'll be buying the 6 bulb fixture in the near future! ;)

Back