Stock for 3 gallon tank

i would just do some softies and 1 small fish. and a couple of cool inverts...i wouldnt reccomend doing 2 fish. maybe in a 5 or 10 gallon once its well established but thats still pushing it. especially in a 5.

We had a contest on this site using that exact same tank a couple years ago.

Contests

(Change the date at the bottom to see older threads).

I had fish in mine. I started with two panda gobies -- and never saw them again. Those fish were too small even for that tank.

So I ended up getting a clown goby and a very small baby clown. (Keep in mind the clown would not be able to live in that tank long term, it would have to be moved to a larger home pretty quickly).

We had a contest on this site using that exact same tank a couple years ago.

Contests

(Change the date at the bottom to see older threads).

I had fish in mine. I started with two panda gobies -- and never saw them again. Those fish were too small even for that tank.

So I ended up getting a clown goby and a very small baby clown. (Keep in mind the clown would not be able to live in that tank long term, it would have to be moved to a larger home pretty quickly).

One of my LFS has that very same set up at the check-out line, same fish too, some zoah, some srooms, and a shrimp.. no wait I messed up. it is a clown and a small six line. It is amazing...

I am seeing these around.. it must be a chemistry night mare.. anyone?

Would be quick and simple water changes and not take much salt.... I'd think lots of water changes.

I'm thinking the six line was a functional member.. or.. I should say is a functional member.. the tank I mentioned is up and running and shows some age.

I had one, until it kinda leaked everywhere... :(
I didnt put a fish in mine. I just found it to not have enough room, as you can see:

DSC01655.jpg

Someone had some barnacle blennies in theirs. I can't remember who. Those would be a good choice for fish.

I did weekly water changes on mine, and ran the filter that came with it with carbon 24/7. The light was strong enough for me to keep SPS and a little clam in it. I also had some softies and LPS corals, and a fire shrimp named Francine.

Someone had some barnacle blennies in theirs. I can't remember who. Those would be a good choice for fish.

I did weekly water changes on mine, and ran the filter that came with it with carbon 24/7. The light was strong enough for me to keep SPS and a little clam in it. I also had some softies and LPS corals, and a fire shrimp named Francine.

so.. what happened to it?

Yea, if I'm honest, they are actually not to hard to keep up with in maintenance, just the water changes, and I used to change a mug of water out, every 3 days.The Pico light it came with was good, could keep stuff, but mine kinda rusted from all the salt creep.

Yes, the regular stock light was good enough to keep anything I put in it.

I had it set up on my desk at work, and I eventually changed jobs so I moved its contents into my 90 gallon at home.

Nice conversation piece... so .. my question may of gotten lost.. would it make a decent small frag tank?

Back