Stock for 3 gallon tank

+1 Biff.
Definitely a place to put frags to grow. But you really cant put too much in there. Just not enough space,

I would look into Trimma Gobies , they stay super small .

Porcelin crab
Pom Pom crab
Yasha Goby / pistol shrimp

Those all make good inhabitants for pico tanks.

So because of how small the tank is, i only need water changes? No skimmer? How about flow? Would the filter that comes with it be enough?

So because of how small the tank is, i only need water changes? No skimmer? How about flow? Would the filter that comes with it be enough?

Water changes alone will be enough.

As far as filtration I would get the Aquaclear 70 , it will fit the tank and provides all the flow you should need.

Yea sorry, what Tex said, Aquaclear, I can never remember the name. They are not expensive I dont think. 30-40 bucks over in Canada land.

I experienced the opposite that Waddi did. For my tank, the HOB filter it came with was enough flow for the tank.

I did add a tiny heater that I got at PetSmart.

The good thing with the AC70, it will allow you to hide things like the heater. The stock filter is fine , but the you end up with a heater and extra powerhead in the tank. Both are an eyesore and take up valuable real estate in the tank.

The good thing with the AC70, it will allow you to hide things like the heater. The stock filter is fine , but the you end up with a heater and extra powerhead in the tank. Both are an eyesore and take up valuable real estate in the tank.

The heater I used was like 3" or 4" long, so it was easily hidden behind the rockwork. I did not use an extra powerhead in my tank.

I think it is acrylic right... ? you can drill it any way your heart desires. carefully.

...soo... sump city here you come.

Back