Stock list for my 75gal

2010CamaroGirl

laser light + fish= fun!!
So this is what I was thinking for my stock list for my 75gal bowfront:

Maroon clown fish x2 and it's host anemone hopefully they will take to it :bowdown:

Two Spot Goby or Diamond Watchman Goby

Bartlett's Anthias

Green/Red Mandarin

The Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish only b/c I really really really want one soooo bad but doubt I could put one in my tank :grumble:

Mitratus Butterflyfish possibility if I don't put the Lion fish in there and if I have the money lol

Long Tentacle Plate Coral

Lavender Mushroom

Christmas Tree Soft Coral

Assorted Urchins

Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Sand Sifting Sea Star

Right now I have 2 blue damselfish and 2 dominos...they will get sold back to my LFS as there were just to help cycle/start my tank and also several turbos and hermits.

:question: I don't have enough room under my tank to make a refugium so I was wondering if a hob or in-tank refugium would work to help set-up a good copepod population.

Also if anyone has thier :twocents: I would gladly appreciate any tips/tricks/help as I am still a newb at saltwater
Thanks all! :beerchug:

Last edited:
I probably wouldn't go with the maroons, they can be very aggressive. But that's optional. I think the lionfish is bad idea. It would probably eat your small fish.

I agree with Alex, the lionfish will eat anything it can fit in it's mouth. I'd skip it if I were you.
I would wait on the anemone until your tank has been set up for at least a year. They need a lot of light (not sure what your fixture is) and require pristine water conditions, otherwise they could die and crash your tank.
You would have to wait on the mandarin as well, to give your pod population a chance to really take hold, unless you get one that you SEE eating at the LFS.
As for the maroons, I have a pair that are total sweethearts, but I understand that they are not the norm. If your heart is set on them, add them last.

Some of them only eat pods. Because these ones only eat live food, it can be very difficult to keep them in small tanks, or tanks without refugiums. That's why it's best to only buy ones that you witness eating frozen foods. That way you don't have to worry as much about your pod population.

Yes the list is not in order obviously lol. I know that clowns usually do better as a mated pair and that maroons are more aggressive than other clowns I really like them more than other clowns but I am willing to go with perculas if need be. I'd love to be able to get a lionfish!!!!! I fell in love with these when I was younger and always wanted one but I know if there is a fish that can fit in thier mouth it will probably end up there :( I know that I will have to wait I while for the anemone and mandarin for my tank to get established and I have no problem waiting as the lfs close to me usually has a few available and I'm in there enough that they would hold one for me when I"m ready...and they wouldn't let me buy one now b/c they know how long my tank has been set up for anyways :D as I have bought most of my stuff from them. My light is the coralife lunar aqualight T5 high output fixture and I only have a skimmer and a fluval 405 and vortech mp40 that's why I was wondering about the in tank or hob refugium for the pods.

Looks like a good list, and you have good advice about the fish.

But you really dont need to mechanical filter. Unless you are cleaning it every 3 or 4 days its going to cause you more problems than its worth.

Saltwater is very different ball game than fresh, the rules are quite a bit different.

I got the canister b/c the tank wasn't drilled and it's tempered glass so I can't drill the bottom and they way the stand is set up it's really hard to get a tank in the bottom for a sump/fuge with out having a mess of stuff. I also have two cats so they get a little curious about my tanks as it is so it's easier for me to just clean out and replace the filter media and monitor my nitrates and make sure I'm not overfeeding. Also since I'm military it makes it easier on me to move when the inevitable happens. I'm just used to closely watching nitrates and nitrites and ammonia with my freshwater that it's almost second nature to me to do it with my saltwater.

2010CamaroGirl said:
My dream tank is a 200 gal Lionfish tank...nothing but Dendrochirus brachypterus... Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish and rocks :heartpump

Why waste it on one fish? Fill it up with a bunch of triggerfish and tangs and a fuzzy dwarf lionfish!!!

Don't judge me!!!! LOL...I would probably put a few swimming fish in there as well just don't know what else I would go with at that point. If I had the money for this tank that is btw :)

Also I have my coralife turbo twist 6x uv steralizer hooked up to the fluval as well instead of having to have more hoses going in and out of my tank. Luckily my glass top has a gap in the back so it's not completly closed off....that and I have a dremel ;)

Back