stock list

gilley84

Reefing newb
ok i have a 45gallon and this a a list of the fish i want.

1. clown maybe two
2. snowflake eel
3. firefish-two
4. royal garmma
5. diamond goby

do you guys see anything wrong with that and i know some of you seen me post on arc but let me know what you think

the eel will either hide all the time or it will get out if you dont have a tight fitting lid. it might eat the royal gramma if itll fit in its mouth, and same for the clowns if they are small enough.

i have a all-glass lid and the eel im looking at is maybe 5" so i dont think he is big enough to eat them but hey who knows ill just have to pick out bigger fish the ones im stressing are the firefish

make shure that any fish that you put with an eel is more than twice the sice of its mouth just like a snake they can eat things that are larger than their mouth.

The snowflake will grow quickly to two feet and would be able to consume each fish that you have selected IMO.

I too would be worried about the eel eating the other fish. Also, an all glass top will cut down on the gas exchange at the surface of the tank and will heat your water, depending on what type of lights you have, so you may have to reconsider the eel if you start seeing your water get hot or your oxygen being depleted.

The rest of the fish should all be fine together, but clowns can be unpredictably aggressive towards anything. So it also depends on what type of clowns you're planning on -- some are more passive than others.

Ocellaris clowns tend to play nice with other fish. Your eel may not be large enough to eat your fish now, but he will get there quick. Small eels do well with bigger fish. Even if he cannot catch them now, he will likely stress them out, which will increase the chance for sickness. I would skip the eel and go with the other fish on your list.

-Doc

ok well i think im just going to take my chance and see how it goes and if what yall say might happen i will take it in thought next time but who knows i might get a eel that dont like live food just a maybe

i dont think you will ever find an eel that doesnt like live food, but check out the eel Cap bay has, it wont be able to fit any of those fish in its mouth ever

um its white, again i didnt get a good look because i was on my way out of the store when i saw it and it was wrapped around a peice of fake white rock

Back