Stocking a 10 gallon tank

Gobies are good fish for 10 gallons. I have a yellow clown goby in mine, along with a firefish....bunch of shrooms, pistol shrimp, 2 hermit crabs, 1 nessarius snail, and 1 small turbo.

I have 2 bully clowns in a 10 gallon. They look sad though. Actually, just 1 is bully, the other one is her mate.

I think an ocellaris clownfish could be in a 10 gallon, but I think they do better in 20+ gallons. I'm sure someone will correct me. I normally refer myself to liveaquaria.com to see recommended tank sizes. They also have a nanofish section under marine fish which suggests perfect fish for a 10 gallon.

Seriously, I personally think that a ten gallon tank is just too small for much of anything. 1-2 very small fish and a few in a CUC. I think it will just leave you wanting more and keep you so very limited. Go 3-4 times bigger if at all possible, you'll be much happier. JMO

I have a 12 gallon nano cube with 2 percula's one ocellaris and one true, with an anemone. I have a neon goby, rose goby and pistol shrimp.

15 pounds live rock and 8-10 pounds sand.

Back