-1 fighting conch
-1 cleaner shrimp
-1 emerald crab
-2 clown fish
-1 orange spotted goby
-1 brittle starfish
-4 snails
-4 hermit crabs
-A frogspawn with 3 heads , a little bit of pulsing xenia , coral broke when i moved tanks, and some mushrooms/ ployps

Looking to add 2-3 more fish depending on size and such, find the tank looks empty currently.

Thinking of adding a flame angel and 1 other thing , no clue what , but imagine it would be something similar to the angel.
And adding another couple snails/crabs.
As well as some more coral.

Any input advice , suggestions on fish?
Thanks

For a 35g hexagonal tank, I think 4 fish is probably going to be your limit, though if you have a 10g or more sump you could probably do 5 total. For a 4th fish, what about adding a midas blenny? They will add a lot of life and personality to your tank!

I wouldnt try and go past 4 fish, at least not until the tank has been set up for several months. Adding extra fish early on make the algae stages even harder to deal with.

Ah well i'm not going to just dump in all the fish and everything at once.

Figured the big plan would be to purchase a new light so i can actually get some corals.
After the light i throw in a few more crabs/snails and maybe something like a sea slug or something.
Then maybe a month from then (tank would be setup for closer to 8 months by this point)
Buy the one fish. Not sure which but 1 .
Then a month later buy the last fish , most likely a flame angel or a coral beauty. Can't figure out which yet , but i have numerous months to think about it from now.

I'm understand everyone says 4 fish max, but the tank is huge for the fish i have now, the two clowns hang out at the top , they refuse to go around the rock, and the goby hides at the bottom , i have to look to find him. But figure 2 middle level fish would balance the tank out and give something to look at.

Its not really a space issue (but each fish does require enough space to set up a territory and not feel constantly under threat from other fish) but a poop issue.

However, its your tank but I do suggest you wait several months before adding that last fish.

i am going to take that advice.
However i do want to fill out the tank ,
things like the emerald crab are interesting to watch , but would adding an arrow crab to the mix work ? or maybe an anemoie(spelling lol) , again i'm not really sure what would be best for me.

What about corals? There are lots of options there! And you can add as many as you like. You can also add as many inverts as you like, I suggest cleaner shrimp for excellent personalities.

Nems are very challenging to keep requiring very high lighting conditions (higher than corals), pristine water conditions and stability. The last two are very hard to find in new tanks and we suggest waiting a year to add one. And the bad part about nems is that they can nuke your tank if they die from the toxins they release. But in the future, a bubble tip could be a good additions if you have the correct lighting and water quality. Also space, they might decide to go on a walk and sting every coral in its path to death.

Emerald crabs hide in the rocks a lot. I only see mine about once a week or so when it gets hungry and briefly comes out during feeding time. Skunk cleaner shrimp are far more visible and fun to look at!

I see what you are saying about the tank looking empty. Adding a dwarf angel eventually I think will fill that "spot" you are looking for. Then you'll have 4 fish and be all set. The dwarf angels are nice active mid swimmers.

Back