Stocking List (v2.0)

HeavyHittah

LivingReefs is like home
1.black Ocerllaris clown -Pair(or b/w false percs, doesnt really matter)
2." " "
3.Powder Brown Tang
4.Scott's Fairy wrasse(or leopard wrasse, still undecided)
5.helfrichi firefish
6.midas blenny
7.royal gramma
8.Racoon Butterflyfish

i was thinking i should take something away and get a pair of something, but i dont know what. Anyone have any opinions, suggestions, subtractions, additions?? LOL

**For 75 gallon**

With a butteflyfish, you will probably not be able to keep corals. They are notorious coral eaters. Unless you want a FO tank, I'd replace the butterfly with something else.

The rest of your list looks okay, as long as you know how much Helfrechis cost!

The powder brown tang will eventually outgrow the 75 gallon tank, and may have ich problems in the meantime. Tangs get stressed very easily in tanks that size, and powder browns are one of the "weaker" types of tangs. It will be small enough to fit in a 75 for a while though (as long as you buy it little).

So far i have found myself to only like the powder browns. I mean the powder blue tangs are ok but everybody seems to have one. And if i cant keep the PBrT in a comfortable environment id rather just wait on it. Didnt know that about the racoon though thnx for letting me know ill find something else.

i also know i want to keep 1 (dont know about anymore then that) anemone, any suggestions??

PS i do not plan on adding the anem out the gate, i do understand that my tank and water have to mature first. Just didnt want you guys to think i was a serious Noob. I do know a little something something.

1.black Ocerllaris clown -Pair(or b/w false percs, doesnt really matter)
2." " "
3.Powder Brown Tang
4.Scott's Fairy wrasse(or leopard wrasse, still undecided)
5.???
6.midas blenny
7.royal gramma
8.Rusty Angelfish

Any other substitutions for the Helfrichi??
How long you guys think it will be before the PBrT outgrows the 75 gall??
I think i would like any fish thats not "too" common but not necessarily rare.

the leapord wrasse will eventually reach over 2 feet if I remember correctly. I always thought that you needed like a 200+ gal tank for those to live in long term.

raccoon butterflys are one of my absolute favorite fish in the ocean hands down, one day I will own one. like biff said they are a severe risk with corals, more so than any angelfish I would say.

when I started the hobby I thought I would just buy a regal tang and slam it in my 36 gal and just deal with it when it got too large, I'm glad I skipped it. in retrospect its really never a wise choice to put a fish in your tank if it has the possibility of outgrowing it. just because they are not too big at first doesn't mean they will not still get stressed. I would just put it on your wishlist for larger tanks.

leapord wrasses are awesome. I think that's a good choice.

How about a handful of blue/green chromis?
Small ones in a tank your size look nice (in groups of 3 or more).
They tend to school and zip around the tank together....really cool to watch.

chromis is a good suggestion for a 75 gal. they are fun to watch. not a really cool looking fish featurewise but the make up for it in the way they school up and swim around

Leopard wrasses are one of the most beautiful fish out there.

Purple firefish are a good substitute for helfrechis. They look similar.

How about a purple tilefish? Look that one up, they are AWESOME! I had one. Then it jumped out of my tank while I was on vacation and one of the cats bit its head off. :cry:

If you are running at least a 3 inch sand bed I would get a Bluespot Jawfish. They need a deepish sand substrate though.

1.Black Ocerllaris clown -Pair(or b/w false percs, doesnt really matter)
2." " "
3.Leopard wrasse
4.Midas blenny
5.Royal gramma
6.Rusty Angelfish
7.Vanderbilt Chromis-3
8."""
9."""

I really like this list, even without the PBrTang. Messiah I really liked the vanderbilt chromis. And at first i didnt like chromis either. I thought they were too common. But i never heard of the VB Chromis. I really like them and i think having three would make my tank *POP* Great find thnx.

Originally i wanted a pair of clowns and a pair of something else but this worked out great. I dont think im going to have anymore changes.

Biff i liked the purple tilefish but seeing as though i already had the blenny and gramma, made me not want a third long fish.

I think my Fish List is Balanced now, do you guys??

What should be the order that i add the fish??

Is Nine too many for a 75 gall??

What are your favorite fish that you all can absolutely not live without??
With me I think its the Black Ocerllaris, to me they remind me of BMW's. I dont know why ( Later on it will probably be the PBrTang.)

Back