Stocking my 29g

jr7168

Artic Reefer!
I have a firefish in my tank right now. i would like to add a pair of clowns (one for each of my kids). is it possible to add a flame angel to my tank also. i read all the post about 10:1 and all that but i have seen numerous people have more than that with no issues. I also intend to upgrade to (hopefully the 90g i'm looking at tomorrow) a bigger tank in the near-ISHHHHH future.

I don't see why you couldn't add the Flame.But keep in mind that they MIGHT eventually start munching on corals.

The 10 to 1 rule is a general rule aimed towards beginners. A lot of people have certainly gone over that rule but, there has to be a good deal of consideration towards the stocking and limits of it. You need to make sure that your filtration can handle having extra fish and also you'll need to consider the personality of the fish you want to add and have a plan in case something goes wrong. It can certainly work but remember, you're going to be adding 3 semi-aggressive fish (clowns and dwarf angels can get very territorial) to a fairly small tank, which can amplify the amount of aggression.

i wonder if i try to get the clowns the host near a front corner with my green leather or an bubble tip and have a flame on other side?

Unfortunately, you'll never get fish to do what you want in this hobby lol. Flames won't stay to one side, they'll swim all over the tank, through all the rockwork. And even if the clowns host what you want, they'll still go all over your tank. My clowns host a hairy mushroom in my 75 and will still defend the entire tank whenever I put my hand anywhere in the tank lol.

Back