stocklist suggestions

clownfish cj

Reefing newb
Hey all,

The past month has been kind of upsetting in my tank. At one point I had the following in my tank:

2 ocelleros clownfish
1 royal gramma
1 yellowtail damsel
1 multicolor angelfish

This was also the order in which I stocked my tank over 5 months. I took my time in adding all of them.

After having my angelfish for about 1 month my yellowtail just disapeared and to this day I have no idea what happened. 1 of my clowns picked on it but the damsel never actually got hurt from it and it was in the tank for about 2 months.

After my damsel went missing about a week later I saw the same clownfish starting to pick on my angelfish. I then made the decision to put my 2 clownfish down in the sump. After 2 days my angelfish died, my guess is that it got wounded from my emerald crabs and when it was wounded the clownfish took advantage.

I then removed the 3 emerald crabs and put them in the sump.

So... after my royal gramma was in the DT by himself for 2 weeks and the clowns in the sump for 2 weeks I bought a longtail fairy wrasse (after making a screen top for my tank) I love this wrasse and he is doing great, him and the royal gramma are swimming together really close alot.

I had the wrasse for 2 weeks and then got the yellow watchman goby. He died the next day by going into my overflow and into the filter sock (see other thread).

My plan was to have the royal gramma, wrasse, yellow watchman goby, 1 ocelleros clown(from my sump) and then get a flame angel but I am open to suggestions as I have been having difficulty lately!

Back