stomatella snail control

jonsbabykake

Reefing newb
i see a couple stomatella snail hitchhikers in my tank during the day..maybe like 3 ok size ones. but last night as i was investigating my tank with a red light...i think i counted maybe 20 that i could actually see. that means theres like 20 more i CANT see lol. sure i know theyre good, but i do not want to be overrun by snails. there was something sperming in my tank the other day and i sure hope it wasnt for more snails.

any way i can control their numbers?

The four animals that commonly overrun a tank are aiptasia, majanos, flatworms, and asterina stars. You will see population fluctuations of feather dusters, pods, and other animals, but I doubt you'll be overrun by them. They come and go.

Leave the things alone in your tank! :D Or ditch your whole setup and start with dead sand, dead rock, and QT/treat every coral and fish you ever put in there from now on. Otherwise you'll just be taking part in a losing battle. :P

+1 Zissou

Plus you have almost no snails in your tank as it is, having snails is a very important part of keeping the algae in your tank in check. Just leave them alone.

The four animals that commonly overrun a tank are aiptasia, majanos, flatworms, and asterina stars. You will see population fluctuations of feather dusters, pods, and other animals, but I doubt you'll be overrun by them. They come and go.

Leave the things alone in your tank! :D Or ditch your whole setup and start with dead sand, dead rock, and QT/treat every coral and fish you ever put in there from now on. Otherwise you'll just be taking part in a losing battle. :P

dont have problems with those as far as i know..just a couple of the stars and i like stars so thats ok lol.

Back