Stomatella varia

From the pic,that looks like a Decorator crab.

And heres another method I've used with success.
Tie your line to the handle of your net.Then put some food in the net and place it close to his hole.Then when he goes in after the food,yank his butt outta there.

ill try this method but ill have to do this really quickly and skillfully because he's so SHY:yikesu:

ill try this method but ill have to do this really quickly and skillfully because he's so SHY:yikesu:

Got a fishing pole handy?
Just tie the line to the net handle,pull up a chair back away from the tank,and WA LA,simple as settin the hook on a big flathead cat:D

i got him in a different piece of live rock. i put it in fresh water to get him to come out. what do i do with the live rock after i get him out, and how much exposure to tap water will it take to kill him?

Instead of killing him,why not trade him at the LFS?
Those are just too cool an animal to kill.

sorry, im pretty sure its not a decorator crab. ummm, if i put the live rock back will it be a mess? it was in tap water for over 30 min. Now its sitting in a bucket of tank water. Can i put it back?

+1 Yote

Then again, if you are going to kill it, at least have the courtesy to put in him in a bowl of tequila or vodka...at least then when he's dead you have have yourself an enjoyable bowl of cereal; personally I'm more of a Scotch and Cap'n Crunch kind of guy, but everyone has their own preferences :mrgreen:

All joking aside...if you can get it out alive; turn it into your LFS; someone will want it, and you may get nice little credit

+1 Yote

Then again, if you are going to kill it, at least have the courtesy to put in him in a bowl of tequila or vodka...at least then when he's dead you have have yourself an enjoyable bowl of cereal; personally I'm more of a Scotch and Cap'n Crunch kind of guy, but everyone has their own preferences :mrgreen:

All joking aside...if you can get it out alive; turn it into your LFS; someone will want it, and you may get nice little credit

thank the lord it is in a better place now.

k, not trying to be insensitive but....... MY LIVE ROCK, think its okay to put it back in????

I hate to say it,but I wouldnt put it back in my tank.
The fresh water has killed 99.9% of the life that was on that rock.So you'll have to give it time to completely dry out and and the die-off to completely decay before you can put it back in the tank.

I hate to say it,but I wouldnt put it back in my tank.
The fresh water has killed 99.9% of the life that was on that rock.So you'll have to give it time to completely dry out and and the die-off to completely decay before you can put it back in the tank.

:pooh:

okay. :D

rdang, I'm sorry and disappointed that you found it necessary to kill one of God's precious creatures. Murderer. :mrgreen:

i like how people on here can kill a1000lb moose and not bat an eye, but i kill a flesh eating terrorist and i get crucified :goodnight

i like how people on here can kill a1000lb moose and not bat an eye, but i kill a flesh eating terrorist and i get crucified :goodnight

Decorator crabs dont eat the corals though.They just carry them around:D Plus the lil feller aint got enough meat to make a bite:mrgreen:
Moose on the other hand,now I hear they cook up pretty dang good:D

Decorator crabs dont eat the corals though.They just carry them around:D Plus the lil feller aint got enough meat to make a bite:mrgreen:
Moose on the other hand,now I hear they cook up pretty dang good:D

i used to live in NH, moose is very good. mmmmm........mmmmmooooooose

Back