stopping by to say hello....

treadwater

Reefing newb
...and to thank everyone for your future help...lol i know im going to need it as im new to keeping saltwater tanks.

ive had freshwater for many many years but as we all know its not the same game.
im a quick study, i read as much as i can on forums such as this one and useing the web to find information or solutions to the questions i may have. in many cases it tends to raise more questions..LOL.. oh the insanity of it all :mrgreen:

the wife and i are starting out with a 75G tank. as iv noted on forums it seems to be a good starting size

i have a canister filter on the system only for running carbon a day or 2 a month. a skimmer is in place already and frothing nicely though it still drops smaller sized bubbles back into the tank. hopeing that disapates as the skimmer becomes a bit more settled in.

i have a couple of powerheads to move the water around and 2 oversized heaters for the capacity. i always had the frame of mind to use multiple heaters in the event one should fail and goes unseen for a day or two the other can easily keep up the demand.

we have no sump system in place as of yet

we have about 80 pounds of LR in the tank. one rock came with freebies in the form of some type of Leather and another with what appears to be a carpet of type with small polyps covering it. i will post these pics in the tanks section shortly.

we have a couple cleaner shrimp in there a very large CUC, a spectacularly colored Scopas tang who really loves her invironment it seems. theres also a couple Clowns which seem to only like to hang out against the glass on the right hand side of the tank :dunno:

so il say again HELLO everyone....nice to be here. il be asking questions along the way, reading all the great info i have found so far within the few pages ( 100 or so..lol ) iv read and i like to post PICS...lots and lots of pics..hehe :mrgreen:

Back