Stopping to say hi

KatiB

Reefing newb
I have been lurking and learning. :) Figured I should say hello.

I am getting my first SW tank this Wed or TH. (depends on when pay hits) :) My fish hating (so he says) boyfriend bought me a JBJ 28G LED for my birthday. I was wondering why he suddenly knew more lingo and lighting specs etc than he did before. And why he suddenly started asking the LFS owners alot of questions. lol

I imagine once I actually open the box the millions of questions I "thought I researched" will pop up. I will search before asking the same answered questions though! lol

Kati

Welcome to the site!!!!

DOnt worry about asking the same questions that someone else asked. Sometimes you will get a little more info than the last time because the thread might have been missed by someone. Also, we like answering questions :mrgreen:

Just wait till you do a search and there are 60 topics on the same question you are asking. I have been on this site for years and not once have I read a post telling some one to use the search button. That is why Ive stayed around so long.

OH,,You'll fit right in Kati.:D
You'll find that we like the questions,because thats how we up our post count.:mrgreen:

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Haha - Tell me that after I have been here a month! :D

Kati

That is great to know. I lived so long on Linux boards....you learn to search THEN ask then be prepared to be told they answered that 6 mo ago if only you had searched. ROFL.....makes one paranoid!!

(How's my post count doing Yote??) :P lol

i ask the same question once a week just to see if any one is paying attention to me. haha. but seriously, you will always get a helpful responce from someone.

Welcome to the site Kati, sounds like a pretty good BF. I wouldn't mind someone getting me an LED

Ya....I think I'll keep him. lol He got the HQI then changed it to an LED after he found it would give me less hassle with heat. And that the $ difference would prob be the same as me having to eventually buy a chiller.....

I think the "fish hater" is really just a big softie. :) He spoils me rotten. LOL

Kati

So KatiB you're a lurker. Humm, not as bad as a stalker.... so I guess you're okay. :lol:

Welcome to the Reef :wave: I hope we can be of some help for you. We're glad you're here!

Last edited:
So KatiB you're a lurker. Humm, not as bad as a stocker.... so I guess you're okay. :lol:

Welcome to the Reef :wave: I hope we can be of some help for you. We're glad you're here!

haha - Yes but at least I admit it. *grin* You guys have helped alot already - you just didn't know it. lol

Kati

I think you'll enjoy it, I've been over on the nano forum and hear nothing but great things about the LED. I've got the HQI and the heats not too bad, I've got my heaters set at 79 but the lights heat it up to 82, it's been steady there for about a week now.

Back