Stopping to say hi

I think you'll enjoy it, I've been over on the nano forum and hear nothing but great things about the LED. I've got the HQI and the heats not too bad, I've got my heaters set at 79 but the lights heat it up to 82, it's been steady there for about a week now.

haha I read every thread (I think) on the nano forum. :) I am trying to learn what I can. I am still totally confused on the whole Refugium thing. I know how to set it up on the JBJ, I learned that....but I am more a picture person. See it in action learning. (dyslexia is a pita - LOL) I like to see exactly how it should look etc.... And then I get into "But what if I want to upgrade the skimmer....then I have to think about a HOB" Ekkkk....the What If's get me. :D:D

Kati

Maybe this will help you, I'm going along these lines with mine too

Attachments

• 2009_10_12FugeDiagram_NanoCube.jpg
    2009_10_12FugeDiagram_NanoCube.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 219
I haven't figured out how the protein skimmer is gonna work though because it's supposed to go in the middle chamber where the media basket goes. I'm thinking about possibly making two smaller media baskets and putting them in the two adjacent chambers

I haven't figured out how the protein skimmer is gonna work though because it's supposed to go in the middle chamber where the media basket goes. I'm thinking about possibly making two smaller media baskets and putting them in the two adjacent chambers

Ya see that is what I am running into in my thought process. What if I want to upgrade the skimmer from the stock and it doesn't fit? lol (Told ya the "What-ifs get me!)

Well, if it's the JBJ it'll fit, but it's not the best out there. There are two made that I know fit the middle chamber, AquaC Nano Remora Protein Skimmer
Tunze Nano DOC Protein Skimmer 9002
Those two from what I've read fit in the chamber, you may however need to do some modification so that you can still open the lid to your aquarium

Great to know. :) I can cycle with whatever comes with, then if there is an issue I'll look at these two and go from there. Thank you!

My fish hating (so he says) boyfriend bought me a JBJ 28G LED for my birthday. I was wondering why he suddenly knew more lingo and lighting specs etc than he did before. And why he suddenly started asking the LFS owners alot of questions. lol

That won't last....he'll get hooked in no time. I Started with a 45g that my hubby didn't really want anything to do with, until I asked him to build the stand, and now, 1 year later, I've got a 125g, a room for the sump, an area where we ripped the carpet out and put down linoleum just for the fish tank area, and a tank stand he built and bolted to the cement floor :mrgreen:

We have a search button??? :shock: Hehehe....look at the fish section right now and you'll see like, 2 or 3 posts about CYCLING!

That won't last....he'll get hooked in no time. I Started with a 45g that my hubby didn't really want anything to do with, until I asked him to build the stand, and now, 1 year later, I've got a 125g, a room for the sump, an area where we ripped the carpet out and put down linoleum just for the fish tank area, and a tank stand he built and bolted to the cement floor :mrgreen:

We have a search button??? :shock: Hehehe....look at the fish section right now and you'll see like, 2 or 3 posts about CYCLING!

LOL I think he already is....just refuses to admit it. :D

Back