Strange clown trigger behavior??

OhNoNemo

i love triggers
At first i thought nothing of it....2 nights ago i tuck them all in and go to bed,nothing was unusual...yesterday morning all but the CT are out and about waiting for breakfast...so i feed them thinking he'll come out...he never does...i peek in at his cave and he's in there...he never came out yesterday....this morning same thing,except about an hour ago he comes charging out to chase the clowns away and bolts back in...he has done this 2 or 3 times now ...
i did a param check and all is fine.....and everyone else is going along like they do any other day:dunno:....is he plotting his annihilation of the tank..i have heard stories about these guys going nuts for no apparent reason...

I don't know what to say either...

But maybe he has a pimple or something and is embarassed?

I really wish I knew what to say.

Yeah,IDK either ,his color is good and his breathing his fine,he's just kind of lurking in his cave....i don't get it....maybe the humu broke his heart:lol:

haha a bunch of drunken fish swimming into things lol
a little chromi in the corner pucking his brains out
a shrimp about to dive off the protein skimmer
and a little heart broken trigger smilleing at you cause youre his best friend

Maybe he got into a scrap with one of the other fish, do you see any marks on him? That's what I would assume, he probably got his ass kicked a little, and now he's gonna hide out, heal, and protect his property until the heat dies down.

This has to be what happen....my money is on Mr.Humu, .a.k.a. "a$$hole".....but could just as likely have been the angel,. a.k.a. ,"b!tch" ,.......just looked in on him and he's still upright and breathing fine......can only see to about the middle of his body...his tail or something may be gone for all i know...My wife wants me to go in after him with a poker and get him moving(its her favorite fish)......i think i'll just let him be(don't you think?).....i just hope he doesn't come out swinging ,but i hope he at least comes out OK...Somehow i always thought it would have been him sending others to their corner......just have to wait and see

I'd leave him alone too. Let him be alone with his feelings....maybe you could have your wife go to the tank and talk to him about his feelings.

A few weeks back, my wrasse has some sort of a scuffle with one of the other fish, I can't say who. But he hid in his rock for about 3 days. I actually told my wife that he was dead, I thought he was on his way out, but I just left him alone, a few days later, he was swimming around like nothing ever happened.

And then he jumped out. I put him back in, he's still living, that is one durable fish.

Toss a few shots of vodka his way ;)

oddly enough the vodka thing works wonders I did that a few times when all my fish friends went hiding for a few days and the stats of my tank said all green good to go... i asked the owner of my LFS and she said to dose it with a few drops of vodka over a few hours. it worked great and it does every time. i have it wright-en down at home of how to go about it I'll post it tonight if i have connection damn wild blue crap inter-web:grumble:

Vodka dosing isn't designed to change the behavior or fish....it acts as a carbon source for the tank. It can also be very dangerous to the tank, and if not done properly can crash the entire tank..This isn't the issue here.

I thought it was only used for lowering nitrates in reef set-ups?
How would it help the fish?
You say it works for you every time,why do you do it so much?
I really don't like the idea of wasting my gray goose:wink:

EDIT: thanks PRC,think i'll avoid that

I thought it was only used for lowering nitrates in reef set-ups?
How would it help the fish?
You say it works for you every time,why do you do it so much?
I really don't like the idea of wasting my gray goose:wink:

EDIT: thanks PRC,think i'll avoid that

i have no clue it was not much but it did work maybe the fish at my LFS are lushes... but it was like .5mm streched out or some :pooh: like that. but for what ever reason it worked. could it of been because that's what the have done at my LFS? for all there tanks to control nitrates and the fish just became so use to it that it was withdrawals? I mean if it does not help at all why tell someone to do it? i tested my water all fine they tested it all fine and said to do just one stretched out dosing. no pun but somethings seems fishy :grumble: (not to hijack your thread Nemo) But could it really be that they got there fish hooked to vodka???

He came out tonight and grabbed a few scallop chunks and the angel went right after him.....Not sure what to do now ....may try a total rearrange and move everyone's caves...Its weird ,they have been in there together close to a year now

He came out tonight and grabbed a few scallop chunks and the angel went right after him.....Not sure what to do now ....may try a total rearrange and move everyone's caves...Its weird ,they have been in there together close to a year now

That's what I would do...when my wrasse jumped the other day...I scooped him up, and put him back in..he acted like he had no idea where he was at..(granted he did just fall 7' to a concrete floor, he may have had a closed head injury.

I know how you like to hold your fish...maybe scoop the angel out, throw him in a bucket real quick..move the rock get the trigger to come out, he'll see that the angel isn't there....and then put the angel back in, maybe the angel won't know where he's at either, and stop being an ass.

Nothing like the hand of God to come down and scoop you out of a tank to make you think twice about being an a@shole.

I'm going to try it tomorrow .....if it doesn't work ,do you want an angel?:lol:
My wife says get rid of him.....,he is my fish,but now that he's beating up hers she wants to kick him out

I'm going to try it tomorrow .....if it doesn't work ,do you want an angel?:lol:
My wife says get rid of him.....,he is my fish,but now that he's beating up hers she wants to kick him out
Still trying ,,,,,little SOB:grumble:.....maybe if i put the fear of god in him that'll be enough:mrgreen:..the whole tank is flipping out now,,,,i'm going to give them break for now

Well he's out now and eating and swimming with everyone....definitely got into something ,his eye appears to be scratched and puffy....hoping it heals

Back