strange tentacles

fishbait

I found Nemo
noticed another strange creature tonite with three tentacles waving around out of the side
205.JPG
of the live rock. any clues?

oh, sorry. i did see a fourth tentacle poking out just a few minutes ago. is the web looking stuff on the rock a type of sponge, or is it something that starfish incubate in? i hate to sound so stupid, but i am

Yeah its a little serpent starfish.
It'll only come out after your lights are off and may or may not get any bigger.Some stay real small.
As for the white stuff,its probable some kind if algae or maybe a sponge.

thanks yote, that's really cool. that's why i'm so addicted to this stuff. you see something different allmost everyday. you just cant get this kind of entertainment anywhere. without it being illegal:D

fishbait said:
thanks yote, that's really cool. that's why i'm so addicted to this stuff. you see something different allmost everyday. you just cant get this kind of entertainment anywhere. without it being illegal:D

I'll agree 100% with that fish,lol.
Shoot I got it so bad that I sit on the bed at night with the lights out and use my night-vision binoculars just to see what crawls out of the rock,and tryed to get the wife and kids to let me get rid of the TV so I could put a bigger tank in its place( didnt work though).

i feel better knowing that i'm not alone. my wife makes fun of me for sitting and staring at my tank. she just can't sea what i sea. pardon the pun. to her it's just a piece of rock submerged in water. my brother was over last night when i discovered the star. he was laughing at me because i kept staring at my tank every ten minutes.

Back