Strange things on trumpet corl that might be killing it!

I know the owner of AI. His products are awsome. Definately look into it. I have a sol nano on the way for demo. I'm stoked!

I'm actually thinking about posting an article about how to keep a tang in a 29g tank....

There is simply no way a tang of any kind can be happy in a tank that small. Its unethical and wrong and I think you should seriously reevaluate your dedication to this hobby if you keep opinions like that. Your killing your fishes spirit.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I was so not being serious. How could I let that one go by?:bounce::bounce:

Have you tested your nitrates at all? You didn't post them with the rest of your numbers before. I would suspect that after 8 months with no water changes, two tangs (high bioload fish) and no skimmer that your nitrates are probably pretty high. If so, that could be one of your issues.

I guess after looking through my master kit my nitrate solution is missing. I will be taking a trip to the lfs today to have them test it for me. Do you think it would do any good to take the trumpet to them to see if they can tell me what is on it?

No, i think it would be more damaging to the coral. You could try taking a picture with you, but you have recieved plenty of good advice on this thread. I highly doubt they could tell you any more, and LFS are notorious for giving bad or incorrect advice.

The tube thing seems to be a tunicate, or sea squirt. the purple thing I do believe is a sponge, there are also vermitid snails on it. I seen some more strange things in my tank, a limpet (I took it out) and asterina stars. I cant get pictures :( I did take some but my son broke my camera, I took the SD card out to put it in a different one and lost it! Talk about a bad day!!!!

Back