Strawberry Crabs

Navarchus

Almost smarter than a pig
Anyone have any experiences with strawberry crabs? Reef save? Do they kill snails? Do they intimidate fish? Are they good citizens?

thanks in advance.

They are supposedly a newly discovered species. I wasnt aware that they were available in the hobby yet. Have you found them for sale?

Thanks guys, I found one for $30 at my LFS. Very nice looking crab, but I had not done any study on it. My daughter wanted it, but I don't typically impulse buy. I would love to know more about them. Anyone have actual experience with these critters?

They are supposedly a newly discovered species. I wasnt aware that they were available in the hobby yet. Have you found them for sale?

There are lots of different species of strawberry crabs. One type was just recently discovered, but other species have been available in the hobby for a long time.

I have had one before. No problems as far as I could tell. It stayed hidden in the rocks all day and only came out at night. I rarely saw it month after month and then there it was. I always thought it was probably dead but then it would turn up. It was pretty and pretty useless. :)

Back