Stuff I bought yesterday

That 80 gal is not big enough for a trigger, even if he is the only fish in there.

And do keep an eye on the rocks. I would zip tie them together if you can to prevent rockslides from him burrowing around.

Dang how big of a tank do you need for it. I have seen plent of them in 80 or smaller but I guess that is not cool then.

Also I can't really do too much with the rocks they way it is now. It is too hard to just pull them out with all that is in the tank and without stirring up a shiz storm.

I would have to basically take all the rocks out and all the everything out. They all feel secure so I must hope they don't fall.

You're welcome. The thing with youtube videos is, you don't know how long the fish has been in the tank or if it is even still alive. I could post a youtube video today of my trigger in a bucket, that doesn't mean it's okay.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA That is funny.

I just saw a 500 Gallon tank for $1500 it was crazy.

I also just saw for only $60 a 120gallon cube all glass. Wish I could get it but I don't have a stand or anything for it. I would like that for my tank.

It is 4x2x2.

I am going to email to see if it is scratched up. It has 2 holes on one side and one of the other So I don't know how it could be kept a cube as it is now.

I doubt you can set it up like a nice cube tank with the holes but I guess you could use the for your skimmer in a loop and the other hole plug and get an overflow but then it looks stupid.

120 Gallon Aquarium/Fish Tank/Reptile Tank

Oh yeah how often did you feed your Eel. Like I can't skip 2 days can I.

I was going to get an auto feeder and hope it eats the pellets for those days and not a snail.

I was going to build a screen top for the tank but I do have a canopy.

I don't use it because I am always having to take it off to feed and stuff and it fits really snug around the Nova Lights.

The fans would be blowing directly into the wood of the Canopy so wouldn't that be bad. I was gonna drill holes where the warm air comes out but I remember the back is a little open.

It goes across the back but there is a small opening.

I very highly doubt he will eat pellets.

Mine would only eat silversides, but I know they will eat scallops, krill, shrimp, squid, etc.
I have one of those feeding sticks. I would impale the silverside on the stick and he would come get it.
Mine would eat every three or four days. I would know he was hungry because he would start looking interested at feeding time for the rest of the tank.

Hmm very good info once again.

I will then just try to feed it in the morning before I leave and not worry until I get back. I was looking at auto feeder for the rest of the stuff which is only 2 damsels since I was already ordering an auto top off.

I plan on leaving a 5 gallon bucket with my RO water with my pump in it and I will overfill the sump the day I leave just in case.

I plan on testing the auto fill for a few weeks before I leave for 3 days.

Its the volume that is important for many fish, its the swimming lenth. Which is why were recommend the 125, becauses they are 6 feet long. They are like tangs, they need room to swim.

So i would say that cube you were looking at is not suitable for tangs or triggers, its still only 4 feet long.

Yeah I get your point. So I will just have to settle for the 6 footer 225 one day.

Most of them if not all have the twin overflo boxes in the back which eliminates a 360 viewing set-up.

How would you even be able to get stuff out of there and do work if you had to without taking that huge light and canopy off all the time.

I feel like I am always wish my lights were out of the way since they sit on top but I opened the canopy in the store and I was thinking man no real room to do stuff.

I think if had a set up that big (which boy to do want someday!) I would use metal hallides that were hung from the ceiling.

Also if you wanted to do 360 viewing, i would maybe do a custom build with the overflow in the center.

Back