Stumpped!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, I only use strips to do a quick check once a week. Strips are a good indication of basic starting. such as ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, but if anything seems off on the strip I test with my kit. So far, its always matched. But as far as copper, your corals wouldnt be living lol. so I doubt its that. Have you gottin a ground probe yet to see if maybe its stray current?

Have you gottin a ground probe yet to see if maybe its stray current?
yep have already done that

so with everything being said the only thing left is my OXYGEN. i have a wet/dry and the water in the bioballs compartment is half full. do i need to drain some of that water out or increase the water?

with the overflow and skimmer alone you should have enough oxygen but still test after this if coral are doing well i don't see why your fish are not this is a very weird case and also how old are your test kits it does matter

Fish Lost

1 - Pecula Clown
2 - Marron and Gold Strip Clown
1 - Dragon Goby
1 - Arrow Crab
10 - Red Leg Crabs
10 - Blue Leg Crabs
2 - Yellow Eyed Tangs
2 - Yellow Tangs
1 Strawberry Psudeo
2 - Red Starfish
1 - Green Brittle Starfish
2 - Tomato Clowns

do you ever hear any clicking sound in your tank.I just wondering if you might have a matis shrimp hiding in your rockwork.They are capable of taking out all of the metioned live stock

i don't think its mantis shrimp because the fish don't look harmed in any way. to tell you the truth they look like they have sufficcated to death. but my oxygen is fine and everyone is saying i am dripping them long enough so i have no clue as to what to do next

damn thats alot of fish lost.... You may want to check for other contaminants that may be getting introduced from inside the house somehow?? Or maybe something is up with your liverock or sand. Other than that and stray voltage, theres not much left to check.

talked to my LFS today for hours and what we came to the conclusion is that when drip when i take the water out after the first 30 mins i should open up the airline tubing and increase the drip rate and increase it everytime i take water out. then put the fish back in the bag and sit him in the tank for about 10 mins so he can get adjusted to the temp adn he should be fine. i am going to try it today with an nemo so wish me luck

Good luck, but i dont think that alone killed all thoe fish. My Clarkiis got floated for 10 minutes and then I just added half cup of water to the bag every 5 minutes, emptied some when full, and started over, for an hour.

that idea was shot to hell the nemo is dead and the snails are eating him. so i am fresh out of ideas because everything i have thought of has been ruled out. so unless anyone can come up with something i am going to stick to corals because they are doing fine. i might get some more snails and crabs [GOTTA LOVE CRABS :bounce: :bounce: ]

I just cant figure out whats lethal to fish, but not crabs snails and coral? Did you ever try to go the stray current route?? I have no idea either now lol, your thread name seriously sums this up.

my LFS guy says it could be a pathogen that is protien based. so the plan is to open up the air valve on the skimmer and in a couple of weeks try a damsel and see what happens.

very unlikely do you have base rock in your tank if you do its most likely the problem because there is lots of minerals in base rock i know this because i tested mine it was really high in stuff you dont want in your tank like iron and rust i test in my little tank and it kill my fish with in a week so i took out then it was fine 2week later

no base rock just pacific coast live rock. but the thing on base rock just destroyed my whole new tank cause i was going to do 60lbs of base rock

sagent3000 said:
no base rock just pacific coast live rock. but the thing on base rock just destroyed my whole new tank cause i was going to do 60lbs of base rock
some base rock is ok but i must say i will now never put the crap in my tank again i really dont now what kind of base rock is good or bad but i do know that lots of people use it the base rock i had was from the mountains it was gray and kind of looked like lava rock

Back