Stupid brown algae wont go away!

Yep, I bought two margarita snails not knowing and they died in a few months. :(

I think there must be a few types of margarita snails - some that come from cooler water. I bought 2 from live aquaria back in February and they are both still alive, thriving away in a 79 degree tank..... most of the stories I've heard about margarita snails haven't been so positive, leading me to think I must have gotten the kind that come from warmer waters... I dunno!

I have two hermits that have moved into old margaritia shells. I think its a much better look...wish I had some more of the shells for the others...

I have two hermits that have moved into old margaritia shells. I think its a much better look...wish I had some more of the shells for the others...

One of my LFS's sells sandwich baggies of shells of various sizes for placement into tanks for hermits to size to, for $1.50 or so. You get a couple dozen or so per bag. My tank has an abundance of those. My largest hermit is constantly switching shells. It must be a female, LOL.

My lfs has some shells but they are the same type the crabs come with....kinda dull...Maybe next time I do a internet order I will see if they have empty shells.

Back