Stupid epoxy

Bifferwine

I am a girl
What kind of epoxy do you guys use to get your frags to stick? None of the kinds that I've bought will hold in the water! Removing my rocks from the tank is not an option, I've tried sticking the stuff to a frag then waiting a few minutes, but as soon as I put the frag in the tank and try to stick it to a rock, the damn epoxy floats off! How can I get this to work? Right now I've got a bunch of frags sitting in plastic cups in my tank because they keep on getting lost.

I've heard that too but my rocks are underwater, so I need something that will stick and cure underwater, I don't think super glue would.

sorry biffer i read that wrong...i wouldnt use epoxy directly on the coral but if it was already attached to a small piece of lr and you want to do lr to lr then i would use that epoxy i mentioned. ive seen anthony calfo use it in one of his fraging demos online

You have to pull the rock out of the water to use super glue gel but once you apply it you can set it in the water and it will set jerm and I used it on ours.

I used Aquascape Aquarium Epoxy Its from Europe and it is non-toxic. It is really sticky in the water as well as out of the water. It worked great for me and comes in slate grey or mauve(to match purple coralline). Hope this helps :^:

Thanks everyone, my LFS told me they use the super glue gel and that they apply it underwater and it still sets. I'll try that first (because it's cheap and I have some at home) but if that doesn't work I'll have to try some of the other suggestions and order it online.

Nope it didn't. Made a big mess and didn't set underwater. Then my tang started eating it. Don't think I want my fish eating superglue. So, on to Plan B: now I'll try the Aquastik that my LFS carried...

i only use loctite and another glue gel i get from hobbytown, forgot the name of it. it works the same as loctite but it is a little liqiudy than the loctite but it works fine for me.

you don't have to use a lot of loctite glue to attache a frag just a little. buy more than one tube you're gonna need it.

i just went to home depot to get rectorseal but they have different kinds. a puddy and sealent in a white tube and sealent in a yellow tube. i was wondering which one works better. ive tried the super glue gel before for rocks but it didnt work and im just trying to find something that i dont have to get online

Back