Stupid Finding Nemo

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by RyanG, Jul 12, 2008.

1. RyanG

RyanG ^*Eternal Dumbass*^

I just read a thread on another board of a woman with a four year old. She went out and bought the biggest GD percula clown she could buy, keeps it for a month(no cycle) and want to pair it up with another perc. So she goes out and buys a half inch perc. Skip to end of story one little clown dead...NEXT. Another little clown beaten half to death. "what am I doing wrong" Breathing I say! I hate that stupid movie! Dont all of these dolts know that their kid IS the little girl that shakes the piss out of every fish she gets! OK my non-PC rant is over. I just had to vent a little frustration.

I just left a link to the article about how that stupid movie is going to cause extinction of wild clowns. Hopefully she gets the point. Sorry for the rant. I need to start a blog of things that piss me off so you poor people dont get stuck reading them. Anyone know where to point me in the right direction?

Thanks for letting me suck up some bandwidth. Happy Reefing!

Ryan

RyanG, Jul 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. RyanG

cthegame

Let it all out buddy...

Most people couldn't give a flying f&$k about the survival of clownfish or anything else related with nature. It doesnt even occur to them. They are too busy with more imporant things like what car to drive or what shoes to wear. Oh and where to buy cheaper gas for their V8 SUV's.

cthegame, Jul 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. RyanG

Altohombre The Tennis Pro Reefer

that movie came out a loooong time ago. I am sure the phase is slightly on the downhill in terms of children forcing their parents to run out and buy a clownfish. On the bright side of the movie, I do think it portrayed information about the fish pretty accurately and stressed that fish would rather be in their natural habitat and not in a fish tank (doh!)

Altohombre, Jul 12, 2008
  4. RyanG

Alto the woman didnt even refer to it as a clownfish once it was nemo this and nemo that. Talking about her four year old screaming he wanted another Nemo...ick!

RyanG, Jul 12, 2008
  5. RyanG

bobby I like to do bad things.

It's a shame that sooo many parents cave into what their kids want. Not needs, but just wants. Hell I just punch my kid in the nose when they start to whine for something.LOL

It's easy to blame the movie but the movie didn't make stupid people, or people with a lack of concsern. You know what I mean. Some of these people just don't care and are not ready to be parents, but instead will do what ever their kid asks. Your right though it is very sickening.

bobby, Jul 12, 2008
  6. RyanG

I completely understand what you are saying bobby, that movie(with a really good message) just gave them a point to focus their attention. I hope the next Pixar movie is about riding a bicycle or playing baseball, then maybe kids will go outside and play!

RyanG, Jul 12, 2008
  7. RyanG

Alexander

Ryan, the newest pixar is wall-e its about a robot, maybe it will encourage ie and we will all become slaves to robots. Hell on the bright side robots can't be extinct so we are good. I Love the movie finding nemo, just dislike parents that make stupid impulsive decisions especially with a subject that takes a lot of patience and education. It was for quite some time my sons favorite movie and he is still very fond of it. Luckily he has a dad that puts almost all of his spare hobby time away from work, family and parenting into saltwater fish tanks and education on preserving those species that are in danger or just should not be taken from the ocean. Hell it has provided a major distraction for him while I do fish tank maintainence. Like sarah said in your other thread, people are just idiots and cumpulsive idiots at that where we must have everything right away. It sucks. But I'm now excited for wall-e I heard its a good movie. And I have no free time to build robots so I'm safe there.

Alexander, Jul 12, 2008
  8. RyanG

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

I know where your coming from Ryan.I see it a lot when I help at the FS.But I'm usually pretty good at turning those type of folks completely away from doing such things for their kids.
    You start telling them folks that they have to do 50% water changes every week,test water every day,have $700.00 dollar set of lights just keep "Nemo" alive and 9 times out of 10,they'll change their minds about buying lil Johnny a "Nemo" tank.

yote, Jul 12, 2008
  9. RyanG

You are right Alexander, I wrote this rant still being pissed off at that woman. I dont hate "Finding Nemo" I actually think that it is a cute movie that has several underlying themes with a message. Handicapped kid that overcomes his disability(times two), overprotective parents learning what it can do you your kids the hard way, etc. What is missed that erks the hell out of me is how adults keep dumping money(and FISH) down the toilet for a kid who doesnt really understand the gravity of what is going on.

The woman at hand didnt do one little bit of research she just bought the kid his fish and wondered why she cant get another. Still hasnt done a bit of research. That is what im so frustrated about. I dont hate the movie just the result of it.

RyanG, Jul 12, 2008
  10. RyanG

Alexander

Oh I completely understand. The whole situation is really frustrating to me too. I'm only one person. It would be great if everyone was like me in that aspect, but as we all know they are not.

Alexander, Jul 12, 2008
  11. RyanG

reeffreak

Great thread for once Ryan!(jk)

Like Bobby said blame the parents,not the movie.Anybody know where I can get me a kung fu panda?

reeffreak, Jul 12, 2008
  12. RyanG

Altohombre The Tennis Pro Reefer

There are so many movies about ants, but still no love for the ant farm industry...

Altohombre, Jul 12, 2008
  13. RyanG

Ok so Im a jackass, what else is new.

RyanG, Jul 12, 2008
  14. RyanG

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

My kids have got an ant farm.

yote, Jul 13, 2008
  15. RyanG

Piggy

This would of be a good opportunity for parents to educate their kids about clown fish. Instead of giving into their want.

Piggy, Jul 13, 2008
  16. RyanG

Bifferwine I am a girl

Any sort of pet, whether it be a fish, dog, hamster or ant, can teach a kid a valuable lesson about taking care of other living things and being responsible, IF used in the right way. On the other hand, any of these animals, if the parent is irresponsible, can teach a kid that pets are nothing more than objects to be used and disposed of when they're bored with them (i.e. a parent buying a cute little bunny for their kid, then getting rid of it when it gets too big - duh!, buying fish without knowing how to take care of them, getting a dog but not being willing to take care of it properly and give it attention and walks). It's totally up to the parent whether responsibility is perpetuated through the pet, or if the pet is only being used to pass on their mentality of impulsiveness and irresponsibility.

Bifferwine, Jul 13, 2008
  17. RyanG

lightcs4 Loving to learn

Not at all ... It's called righteousness indignation. And it is completely the *parents* fault! I don't give in to all my kids wants because they are not always good for my kids or for the items (animals) they want. It is called being a *responsible* parent!!! And yes ... parental responsibility is a major pet peeve of mine.

lightcs4, Jul 14, 2008
  18. RyanG

Piggy

Hate to say it but your one of the few.

Piggy, Jul 14, 2008
  19. RyanG

Alexander

i am one of those few too. dont understand what is up with people out there.

oh and alto, now i want an ant farm. i havent thought about one of those since i was a kid

Alexander, Jul 14, 2008
  20. RyanG

hibye

I have an ant farm in my garbage can in my room. :D

hibye, Jul 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question