Stupid Me!

bkv1997

Reef enthusiast
Well of course you know me....

I was trying to just frag off a couple heads on my frogspawn and ended up breaking it into three pieces...

Well just thought I would let you know I now have two dense 6 head frags of my frogspawn.. I don't know what I want for them yet but if your interested and want to make an offer thought i would give you guys the first chance.

Brandon

Angela is gone... Its storming... I was bored and though humm let me frag just a head or two off for the swap....

The title says it all... I should have just left it alone.

Brandon

Man that really sucks Brandon. I would be interested in one but I couldn't take it until I rearrange my tank. Which will be a month or so. At least it will grow that big again, it will just take patience.

Brandon I would deffinately take one!!!

let me know how much you want and how much shipping would be so 60107

Thanks Kevin

Kevin:

You can't see the other posts, but they were already sold before the server got rolled back...

Ironman and Fishman were the two who got them.

Brandon

i would have but st.louis area got nailed by bad storms and lost power for three days and all lfs sold out instantly of battery operated pumps. so needless to say i lost almost everything in salt water and freshwater tank do to high temperature and power loss. my maroon clown survived and some star polyps and gorgonian, and plants and sand sifter starfish plus some snails. everything else dead.

Wow man sorry to hear that... I don't have a huge generator or anytyhing, but I bought a 1.5kw UPS and a DC to AC converter for my car. Figure worst case scenario for $150 I should be able to power a small powerhead and a couple air pumps for around 6 hours then I could charge it back up with the car.

Brandon

Brandon, Im embarrased, you dont have a generator? I know somebody that has a generator strickly for his tank, If the power goes out for more than 60 seconds the generator comes on automatically and runs his whole system. I bought a 600 watt kawasaki generator which will run a pump or two, not metal halides though, Im thinking about buying a bigger generator anyway, its just good to have, when youve ivested as much in a tank that can be gone in one day without power. but it is also good advice to buy battery powered air pumps, I have one for every tank and have used them at least 4 times for power loss during storms. you can order them for like $5 in the catalogs, and the batteries will last for several days.

i got four battery operated pumps on the way and as far as generators go i live in the city, and have lived here for 28 years and never been without power more than 12 hours. i lost 2 starfish and 2 cucumbers, damsil, yellow tang,peppermint shrimp coral banded shrimp, sally crab, and conchs don't know how but most of corals our going to make it, mostly lost inverts and fish. Hey what can i say learn from experience i'll be prepared next time. Any advice would be helpful.

heres a neat idea I was told about but never tried it. You can buy one of those computer battery backup systems, they will run a computer long after the power goes out. and you can leave it on all the time and it is all automatic if something happens when your not home. they also said you can disasemble it and replace the stock battery with a marine deep cycle battery and it will last even longer. Anyway thats just a do-it yourself idea.

nobody knows what a 1.5kw ups @#$!^^& is. I simple explained it in middle class, working man lingo! So shut your Million gig mother board!!:grumble:

Back