stupid stupid turbo snail!

lilduud

Reefing newb
i have two turbo snails to control algae and such however only one of them causes problems... he knocks EVERYTHING over and has latched onto my new clam tipping him over twice since i purchased him a few days ago... i feel bad for stressing him out because he doesnt like something stuck to him obviously... a few questions.. should i just get a different turbo snail? are some worse than others.. obviously yes, but for this specifically...
also will the clam right itself if i leave the turbo to crawl off as i have been pulling him off and righting the clam myself. the clam is a 3 inch derasa

Hahaha...yeah, turbos will do exactly that, they're clumsy. Eventually, it will clean the clam completely off and leave it alone. The clam will need assistance getting up, you should try placing a flat rock underneath the clam so that he can grasp his foot onto it to keep his balance, and then just hide the flat part of the rock underneath the sand.

Get a good sized piece of rock. That way its got a firm foundation to grab onto when they grow and get bigger. I have a clam that is about 3 inches also. The rock I let him attach to is roughly 5 inches in diameter.

Back