substitution for filter padding?

I read something they had up about the guy I saw in the department. Said hes been working with salty animals for about 6 years.... Who knows... From what I can gather the tanks are probably still cycling, but they had livestock in there...

ya i dont buy from walmart often. Yote, im near Marietta, west suburbs of atlanta. i dont think im near ringgold but then again im not sure where that is. why whats up?

ahh. N. GA. i love to spend time in the mountains. dustin, im more out towards hiram area. you dont happen to know of any good lfs around here do you? i know about petland by the mall and atlantis aquarium, optimum aquarium, and salt water city but thats about it. theres a new one in woodstock but i dont think theyv opened their doors yet. all of those place are OK but i dont think any of them really can be considered excellent.

oh and by the way, i named the eel Tinkerbell; and i found it on the floor this morning. they are know for being escape artists. still alive though. mustn't have been out of tha water too long as it was still moist. i put it back in and sealed up the top.

check out marine fish and reef on johnson ferry, its out in east cobb so that should tell you about their prices, but besides that they have an amazing selection and i think they get in three shipments a week so i never really see the same things when i go in their

oh yes. i have been there, and you're right about their prices lol. me and my friend actually hurried out of there once when we realized how ridiculously high it was. i do agree they do have a very good quality selection though. i also think atlantis aquarium is also overpriced. i found a 20G long like the one i have for $80!!! i went to optimum and i got a good used one for $20. its the one im using as a QT tank for Tinkerbell right now.

marine fish isnt technically over priced because they are in the heart of east cobb so their over head is probably ridiculous, but they also have a nice selection of tanks. never been to atlantis aquairum, dont even know where it is. and optimum is nice except their selection of coral is very small and i think they cater more towards chiclids and fresh

didnt think about the overhead. i guess for what they probably pay for rent and what not it is pretty decent. ill try and figure out how to tell you to get to atlantis. its actually not to terribly far from that other place. iv got it in my head but i cant remember the road name. ill get back with you on that. they have a big selection. salt water may have some areas lacking though buts its still a pretty neat shop. a bit pricey but they do tend to carry fish i dont see anywhere else.

Back