Suction cup woes

HAWKS12thMAN

NWKRC THUG!
So both of my MJ1200's keep falling off the glass. I clean the cups and the glass behind them all the time. I cant use the hanging clips because I have glass tops. Any Ideas? I thought about superglueing them, but that would make cleaning them a pain.

Try boiling the cups.I remember reading on SWF.com ,that if you drop them in boiling water for a few minutes that it softens them up and makes thim stick better.
But the best bet is to get a couple of those magnetic holders for your MJs.

Are the powerheads up near the surface or down low?

If they are down low--just flip it upside down and rest the top on a rock. I'd still use the suction cup, but use the rock to offer additional support.

Does anybody know where to get those other impellors for the MJ1200 pumps? I thought I saw a mod that had blades on the impellor that looked like the Koralia blades. Like a propellor. Supposed to bump the flow rate up quite a bit. Around $25 for the mod kit.

Does anybody know where to get those other impellors for the MJ1200 pumps? I thought I saw a mod that had blades on the impellor that looked like the Koralia blades. Like a propellor. Supposed to bump the flow rate up quite a bit. Around $25 for the mod kit.

those are the sure flow 1600 mods ...

Reef Aquarium Wave Maker: Algae Free Sure Flow 1600 Maxi-Jet Upgrade Kit

Algae Free Sure Flow 1600 Maxi-Jet Upgrade Kit (Saltwater Aquarium Supplies > Powerheads > Accessories )

http://www.reefgeek.com/product/Sure_Flow_1600_Maxi-Jet_Upgrade_Kit_by_Algae_Free

i thought i would add a few links, but the prices seem to be about the same across the board.

Back