sudden loss of appetite/sick?

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
So, I got a copperband from the LFS the other day, where he had been QT'd for 2 weeks. After acclimating him to my tank (alas, I have no QT set up), he dropped dead within 24 hours.

Now, 3 days later, 2 of my 3 tangs (Purple and Convict) are acting weird. They are a little listless, not showing an appetite (for algae or frozen, which they usually go nuts for) and one seems to be breathing a little heavy. I'm very worried right now.

Any ideas? Parasite? Would a disease or parasite be able to spread and affect them so fast?

I have a 150 gallon long, well established, 1.024sg, 0/0/0 am/ni/na. Temp is 78. Not sure what to do...

Thanks!

Unfortunately, not much - relatively open system, just observed for 2-3 weeks before sale.
I'm just worried about the two tangs now - they are being very lethargic and not eating. Not sure if there's much that's practical for me to do besides a WC.

How're they doing? Honestly just sounds like one of those things that happen....stress more likely. Hope they pull through!

I euthanized by beloved tang, Hector. He was my absolute favorite fish and a total sweetheart. I'm really sad about it! My purple tang, who is a gorgeous specimen still isn't eating and is breathing heavy. But he seems a little stronger, I'm hoping (but not optimistic) that he'll pull through. I've had them both for a while and it sucks seeing the two most friendly fish in my tank suffer.

I'm really sorry to hear this :( Which store did the CBB come from? Is there anything that you can see going on externally other than their behavior? Spots, skin sloughing off, etc?

It came from Aqua Dreams - I have no grudge against them, I think it's just one of those suck things. It's really a great, very responsible store, I've had lots of luck with them.
Thanks Little - always a bummer to lose a little guy...

Back