suggestion on bulbs

I'd probably run a Purple Plus, a Blue Plus, and then 2 of the Aquablue Special. The Blue Plus are quite a bit brighter than the true Actinics, and the Purple Plus is a great supplement to the brighter colored corals. The 15K bulbs are a bluer spectum so you should be able to achieve what you want with that configuration.

Uhhh, Fast
From the website? I dunno?

ati_T5_aquablue_special.jpg

+ enlarge
  • Manufacturer: ATI
  • Dimensions: 45.8" L
  • Availability: In Stock - Usually ships in 24 hours
  • Item #: ATI1105
  • ATI 54W Aquablue Special T5 HO Fluorescent bulb combines the properties of a full-spectrum bulb with an elevated blue color peak producing a bulb with an approximate color temperature of 15000K. Recommended Use: as a stand-alone bulb or in combination with Blue Plus, Purple Plus, True Actinic or other supplemental T5 bulbs.
  • DescriptionOur Price Qty54W Aquablue Special T5 HO Fluorescent$21.95 Shipping: $7.95 Ground Shipping on most orders up to $50.
    - Free Ground Shipping on most orders over $200.

It seems that BRS carries different "Aquablue Special" than Reefgeek does...
The graphs seem to correspond with the K ratings tho.

Either ATI makes different Kalvin "Aquablue Specials" or some1 has got the wrong info lol...

It seems that BRS carries different "Aquablue Special" than Reefgeek does...
The graphs seem to correspond with the K ratings tho.

Either ATI makes different Kalvin "Aquablue Specials" or some1 has got the wrong info lol...
Yup, and see, that's what I was going by. Kinda odd.

I'd probably run a Purple Plus, a Blue Plus, and then 2 of the Aquablue Special. The Blue Plus are quite a bit brighter than the true Actinics, and the Purple Plus is a great supplement to the brighter colored corals. The 15K bulbs are a bluer spectum so you should be able to achieve what you want with that configuration.

I will try this set up and see how i like it. thanks! I will post a pic once I get them all acclimated into my fixture. :)

Back