Suggestions for Big Fish in Small Tank

BigFishy

Reefing newb
I have a clown fish that hosts the back of a rock. So we don't see him much. As of now he is the only fish in the tank.

I'm looking for a fish that "swims" more than hides, but I only have a 70 gallon tank.

Any suggestions? I know this may not work since big fish need space, but are there any that don't.

Oh and reef safe!

Thanks!

A 70 gallon can be tough to stock ,if your looking for reef safe and bigger fish...
I would say a dwarf angel or butterfly ,but neither are reef safe...
You could get a school of Chromis ,or a nice wrasse ...maybe a hawkfish(will eat inverts though)

I was thinking of some Green Chromis, but I had two issues with them and correct me if i'm wrong

It's recommended to have a large number in a school, correct?

Sometimes they can get a little aggressive.

Wrasse is a good option

well, most start out fir 5 or 6....end in the end, only one is left :) They're not mean to other fish; just each other ;)

Upon reading about Dwarf Angel fish, I have read that they aren't 100% reef safe and a tad aggressive.

These are the fish I'm thinking about. Anyone have experience with any of these fish ...

Flame Angelfish
Red Stripe Angelfish
Multicolor Angelfish

or

Marine Betta

I would shy away from looking into 1 "big fish" for your tank and get a few smaller ones that you'll enjoy. There are numberious types of gobies and blennies you can put in. A wrasse of some type would also be a nice addition.

I love my Jawfish! He does move A LOT of sand around. I mean everywhere !! It is kind of a pain in the ass.

I had a yellowfin jawfish. It was before I knew that they were a jumping type of fish. Mine jumped out and I saved him but he died a day later I believe.

He was my favorite guy too... =/

Back