Suggestions for cheap plants

That's too bad...otherwise you'd be able to retalliate against something like :lol:

...and see, there's the problem with Macs...you spend so much $ on the computer, you against afford any good software to go with it :mrgreen:

I might have to change my signature to ":shock: I was just playin' :sad:"

Last edited:
As for the limes for the coronas...Don't you remember? Tang are naturally tangy...they don't need limes; geez, I thought you were smart BJ :squint: :lol:

Well that there is a yellow tang so there for he has a lemony flavor. And should be doing lemon prop shots not drinking coronas that require limes.:mrgreen: I thought you were smart Kid :squint: :lol:

Well that there is a yellow tang so there for he has a lemony flavor. And should be doing lemon prop shots not drinking coronas that require limes.:mrgreen: I thought you were smart Kid :squint: :lol:

<---Haven't been smart in quite some time :sad: ...too many coronas and lemon prop shots :lol:

ya'll all need professional help.

oh, and while your at it, save me a seat.

no, on the mangroves, according to what i have read so far, you should keep the leaves dry, and you might even gently wipe any salt off the leaves every so often..

yea, i would think that putting them in a container on the side of the fuge might be an interesting idea.. i'm planning on making a traugh out of some pvc pipe cut in half lengthwise, and then endcaps glued on. through the endcaps, on the sides, not the ends, i plan to put thoes big suction cups... then that way i can just move it to where ever i want it, the pvc will hold the sand or mud or whatever i decide to put in there, and then the plants can stick up out of the fuge...

no, on the mangroves, according to what i have read so far, you should keep the leaves dry, and you might even gently wipe any salt off the leaves every so often..

Ya I read that too...:grumble: doesn't sound like fun; plus, you've got to keep an eye out for the leaves and make sure they don't fall in the water and start to decompose in their :grumble:x2 ...might be too much maintenance for me at the moment

If i do though, your PVC idea sound pretty cool too, it would be cheaper and you can adjust the height :scratchch: yet another possibility

yea the adjustability was what i was going for, and cheap is allways my #1 goal, hehehe no not really but you get the idea..

yea, well, if i get "round to it" i'll make one up and just see how it works out, i'll be sure to take lots of pictures if i do it to share with everyone...

seems to me that if you have it positioned in the tank such that the roots and whatnot are down in the water, in your little tray , the if they are very tall at all, i would think that they would keep thier leaves up and out of the water, but thats just my theory, as i've never actually seen one of these in real life... yet...

you know... the other thougt that i had, was what if you built a gro platform, like maybe something like a chunk of styrofoam and poked a hole and put the plant through that so that the bottom of the plant and its roots and stuff are dangeling in the water, and the rest of the plant is just floating along above the water, like they grow hydroponic...

true true, i'll be the first to admit i dont know :pooh: about all this stuff, but with a little examination of the facts, i'd like to think i've done pretty well so far.

:D

Back