Suggestions for new fish

picardoflik

Reefing newb
In another 2 weeks or so I am looking to add to my stock of 2 small clowns and coral beauty angelfish. I have a 30 gal tank so nothing too big.

Any suggestions for anything colorful or flashy? I was thinking blennies at one point, but I would like something to swim around and attract attention since I don't have many fish right now. The clowns just basically swim in one spot, but the beauty swims around a bit.

I would like blue or yellow tang but I think my tank is too small for them.

Please- let me know what you think would work!!

Thanks

Tangs are completely out of the question in a 30 gallon tank. You already have 3 fish, if you do add a fourth, I'd make sure it stays small. The angel may get snippy if you add another fish

+ 1 Little Fish! Those are both great suggestions for that size tank. Blennies make great additions; they are such neat fish. A striped blenny is a really cool-looking fish too.

I agree on the tail spot blenny - I added one to my tank and absolutely love it - and it spends a lot of time swimming and perching all over my tank, very visible! My only concern with adding a blenny in your tank is that your angel may be aggressive with any new fish added, which could be pretty stressful for a peaceful fish like a blenny. You could always try it and see how it goes. If it fails, then you'll need to think about adding a fish that is semi-aggressive or aggressive instead.

Back