Suicide Yellow Clown goby ????

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
Well I think my little yellow clown might have a death wish. He keeps ending up in my overflow box. Luckly he doesnt go down the piping yet!!!! Anyway how can I keep him out of the box? I can't even figure out how he gets up there. When ever I see him he is alway down in the rocks.

ANY SUGGESTIONS !!!!

You can use mesh netting. I've seen some people use plastic mesh as well.
Don't know where to get it though.

My clown goby would always make his way into the HOB skimmer.......he liked exploring the pipes.

I just dont want him ending up in the sump. I have a messbag at the end of the pipe to stop all the bubbles in the sump. I was thinking maybe add a filter pad in the overflow but it will slow down the flow out of the tank.

Are you sure he is not being chased there? Do you have a clown in your tank? My smallest clown constantly terrorized my watchman and I found him in my skimmer prefilter box several times befor I moved him to another tank.

Just a thought!

You know, for around $2 or $3, you can go to any craft store (I got mine from Walmart's craft section) and buy this plastic material that people use to do latch and hook -- it's stiff, but flexible, and it's like a screen door mesh. I don't know what it's called, but I keep it handy. I use it to keep bubbles from going up and getting stuck in my overflow's u-tube. I would think it would be good enough to cut up and put over your overflow.

All the posted suggestions are good ones.
I cut some plexi-glass to fit over top of my overflows.Mainly because my snails like to climb in there.

You know, for around $2 or $3, you can go to any craft store (I got mine from Walmart's craft section) and buy this plastic material that people use to do latch and hook -- it's stiff, but flexible, and it's like a screen door mesh. I don't know what it's called, but I keep it handy. I use it to keep bubbles from going up and getting stuck in my overflow's u-tube. I would think it would be good enough to cut up and put over your overflow.

This product works good over powerhead intakes also.

the only thing is, he not going over top, he has to be going through the cut outs. The top of my overflow is about 1/4 in out of the water.
I dont think he is being chased, My tomato only usualy bothers him during feeding time.

I think Wonton had the best idea so far. The latch hook mesh is small enough that your fish would have a hard time getting through it. I use garden mesh in my tank. You can get it in the garden section of a home improvement store, but the holes are still large enough in that that I think your fish could still escape.

Back