sump and return pump rate

dartmyth

Reefing newb
I started with a 44 gal corner pentagon tank(wife wanted to have tank in the corner) did not like it, was like looking at the tank from a corner all the time cause of the angles. Have a 110 aquaclear hob filter for it and two power heads 240gph and 425 gph. The hob filter sucks just dumps crap back in the tank, so i took a old pair of my wifes pantie hose and used it catch stuff coming out of the hob fillter and the water cleared up.
After finding a new 75 gal with stand for $350 at a pet store going out of business. I took my wife over to look at it. She did not want me to get it but after talking with the owner and doing some wheeling and dealing i got the tank stand a 20g long to make a sump and a used marineland double bright led light for $350.
I have the 75 drilled with bulkheads and then set up with the hob filter and everything that was in the 44 gal.
I want to do a algescrubber in the sump a ref and return what flow rate should i get for the return pump.

What is the flow rate on your overflows? You'll want your return pump rated slightly higher then that.

What is the flow rate on your overflows? You'll want your return pump rated slightly higher then that.
the overflow is a 1inch bulkhead that was drilled on the back of the tank. I am going to use a elbow with a screen on it coming out of the bulkhead.

Back