sump baffles

poolshark181

Reefing newb
im putting my refugium together today and was wondering how much clearance there should be for the underflow baffle. also. do you all use a skimmer over under over fuge over return design? i was planning on a skimmer underflow overflow fuge overflow return.

as far as how high and how low the baffles should be, is there an exact science on how to calculate that, or is it just personal preference? thanks.

one more thing, haha. i have a hob aquac skimmer that im reusing for my sump. should i still hang it, or do you think it will work fine placing the entire unit into the sump itself?

The norn is one inch. I have mine going over,under, then over. If you go under,over,then over. It doesn't seem like it would stop the micro bubbles. I could be wrong. As for the skimmer if it's made for in sump. If not hang it on the side of the sump.

My water flows over the first baffle and under the second.It has about 1-2'' space under the baffle.Not sure about the skimmer though but the best place is in the first chamber.

I used my Aqua C Remora Pro in sump before I got my Octopus skimmer for my 240. It has a square base, so it just sat in the bottom of the sump and worked fine that way.

I used one in my sump. I placed it outside and it worked fine. You will get a different skimmer shortly I bet. It won't work to go under first. The water will just fill up to the top of the middle piece.

Back