Sump Build

You made it seem so easy. :claphands I looked at ordering a custom built one thinking I would never be able to build one myself.:12:

higher flow rate and more light for longer. I have a 23w cfl on 24hrs with about 300 gph. Growing real good
8ce28d98.jpg

the center section is full of cheato now in about three weeks

higher flow rate and more light for longer. I have a 23w cfl on 24hrs with about 300 gph. Growing real good
8ce28d98.jpg

the center section is full of cheato now in about three weeks
The flow could be the problem. My refugium is separate from the sump. Part of the overflow dumps into the refugium and drains back into the sump but there is not a lot of flow. So I need to add a small powerhead to the refugium?:shock:

Looks really nice Stacey. Can you post a pic of everything up and running under your tank. I'm jealous!!!!!!:whoopee!::beerchug:
Here are the pictures of everything running. Sorry for the quality. My camera is not to good.

Attachments

• Working Sump 001.jpg
    Working Sump 001.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 279
  • Working Sump 002.jpg
    Working Sump 002.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 280
  • Working Sump 003.jpg
    Working Sump 003.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 308
Great looking sump !!! my wife could not cut a straight line much less build a sump. The only potential probelm i see is that the water level in the sump is so high that if your power goes out it will overflow when the DT drains back to the sump !! have you unplugged the return pump to test to see if you will overflow the sump and flood your house if the power goes out??

Last edited:
Great looking sump !!! my wife could not cut a straight line much less build a sump. The only potential probelm i see is that the water level in the sump is so high that if your power goes out it will overflow when the DT drains back to the sump !! have you unplugged the return pump to test to see if you will overflow the sump and flood your house if the power goes out??
Yes. I have killed the pump and let it drain back in to make sure It does not overflow. I do wish I had made it two inches taller or the baffles two inches shorter. I have a water line marker in the return.

Back