Sump/Fuge Idea

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I have the Aqueon Proflex Model 2 Sump

I have since lost the ability to use the 2nd chamber as a refugium the way I wanted to so what do you think of this idea.

Move the skimmer alone into the second chamber and move the rocks and Chaeto into the third chamber where the return pump is.

The return pump has a huge sponge over it and I have a hang on Refugium to keep the Chaeto in.

Basically I am just asking if this is dumb or not a bad idea.

Just check the link to see the sump here - Aqueon Aqueon ProFlex? Modular Sump Filtration | Products

They have an example with the Skimmer in the 2nd chamber but do not show the rocks in the third chamber.

This is just temporary till I can get the 10gal refugium and replumb it to move the sump over to make room

No the skimmer is in the last chamber the other side is where the water comes into the unit. They have it backwards under there maybe their overflo is on that side. The video goes on longer and you can see the way it goes together.

Ok I moved the skimmer to the seconds chamber and seriously it hasn't worked that awesome ever. it is a Coralife 125 and it has foam blasting.

There is only 1inch of hose from the pump to the intake. It has really been a great skimmer contrary to popular belief. Well at least mine has been great, I found out the pump is 600GPH.

I put the HOB Refugium in the 3rd(return) chamber and it is nice to see my return pump now haha.

There is some loose Chaeto floating around in there and I found a lot on the diffuser sponge but I cleaned what I could.

I dropped rocks in both the 2nd and 3rd chamber. I figure what the hay they will do well in both. I also put some in the HOB Fuge. It has a tiny water pump blowing water over the Chaeto.

So anyway this seems like one of the best changes I have made. I don't know how it will change the water but i am hoping it will make it better.

Back