Sump / Fuge question

I kid!I kid!You know I love you Doc!**cough**in a hetero way**cough.

Hey, if you are an ass-jockey, that is up to you...I can learn to love in many different ways...just ask Biff :bounce:

I know you kid, that is why I still talk to you! Hell, I may be begging for your help when this project comes around. I think I still have your number, if not, I will be calling to beg when it comes to my sump and fuge.

-Doc

I doubt I could be of any help.You know I rather B.U.Y then D.I.Y.Still,you can still call or PM me....I could throw some jiberish(sp?) out there.

I doubt I could be of any help.You know I rather B.U.Y then D.I.Y.Still,you can still call or PM me....I could throw some jiberish(sp?) out there.

HAHAHAHAHA, at least you can admit you are full of :pooh:. that takes a real man to do that. I know you know your sump stuff though. Your tank proves it. I doubt foresee any anthias swimming in my new tank though. I have been cruising for pics about my shark and I am just about blushing with glee each time I see one. A fish store in town has one that is about 12" long in their "big fish holding tank" that I am interested in. $200 though, is not worth throwing in my crowded 125 waiting for 3 months. I will just have to cross my fingers and hope that he is still there in June.

-Doc

Chaeto should eat up phosphates... at least thats what I always assumed. It should feed on anything that normal nuisance algae feeds on to grow.
Holy balls your talking about a LOT of live rock.
The baffles depend on what you want them to do. After your skimmer you want water to have to at least flow over under a baffle or 2 to keep the less buoyant bubbles from going on with the flow of water. But you want the ones with sand or LR in that compartment to be on the bottom so sand doesnt wash away, or even a few inches above the bottom but not all the way at the top, that way water doesnt just flow over the whole fuge section (not right across the top of it, but through the middle of the fuge). I can't wait to design my new sump in a few months! I like the technical DIY stuff, good luck with the designs, post some ideas and we'll take a look at them and give some feedback. I would try to draw up my dream 125 gallon sump but I've gotta get to psych stats in a little bit.

No offense Doc... But I'm kinda hoping you'll have to settle for the 220. Because even if you do use the 125 as a sump, it's true you'll be above my current gallonage of 300.

But you see, since there's no way in hell I'm upgrading to a tank size bigger than my current one simply to beat you, I could very easily upgrade to a 125 gallon sump too. Which would, again, put my overall gallonage higher than yours.

SO LET'S GO 220!!!!!!!!

No offense Doc... But I'm kinda hoping you'll have to settle for the 220. Because even if you do use the 125 as a sump, it's true you'll be above my current gallonage of 300.

But you see, since there's no way in hell I'm upgrading to a tank size bigger than my current one simply to beat you, I could very easily upgrade to a 125 gallon sump too. Which would, again, put my overall gallonage higher than yours.

SO LET'S GO 220!!!!!!!!

That decided it. going bigger than you!

-Doc

That decided it. going bigger than you!

SickHamster.jpg

Biff, I can't believe you treat your little furry thing so aggressively. You should be more gentle, I hear that makes for a more enjoyable time!!!

-Doc

Doc that last post was a bit gross lol.

As for your refugium light how about an energy saver?

Compact Fluorescent Reflector - 19 Watt - Full Spectrum 5100k - 1 Piece PAR38 - TCP #2P3819-51 Light Bulb
This first one is a 5100K full spectrum 19watt flourescent flood light.

Compact Fluorescent Reflector - 19 Watt - Full Spectrum Daylight 6500k - 1 Piece PAR38 - TCP #2P3819-65 Light Bulb
This one here is a full spectrum 6500k.

Both work well as a refugium algae growth light and they have 12month warranties and you can find them even at walmart with the added benefit of being less than $10 each:D

Back