Sump return pump help

Yea I am going to be ordering that also and I guess have to go with an overflow box.. Now a hose connects to that? And just drains down to the sump? And ur sayong with the sump have 4 glass. First one goes over to the live rock then im seeing go over second baffle then under 3rd baffle then over 4th to the return?

it will really depends on what you are going to do with the sump as to what you need to put in for the baffles, The main reason for the baffles is to keep microbubbles from returning to the tank.. Other then that they are for generating heights in the sump for skimmers or refugiums.. And as far as overflows are concerned eshopp does make a nice little overflow. So figure out exactly what you want to do with the sump then adjust accordingly..
Reef Aquarium Filtration: Eshopps Overflow Boxes
and the PVC ( or flexible hose)hooks directly to the overflow box..

Well reason doin sump is to get rid of stuff like nitrates and stuf and second lol this is funny but im going to Mass for 7 Weeks and gf will not change water she will like scrub it and stuff but wont do water changes its to heavy for her and to much..so thought sump will help until I het back

well thats going to be awhile on a 20 gallon tank to not change the water, params can easily fluctuate on a tank that size, is there a friend or someone that can come and change it at least once? I would do the sump with the refugium in the middle so you can throw some chaeto in, so read that post I wrote for the one with the rufugium, then maybe get a hydor slim skim or something on that line for a skimmer. This way you can make the refugium large enough in the sump..

Yea km going to see if she can change water atleast once but she has nooooo idea how to do salt mixing and see if its balanced right. And now where can u get refugium..yea I was looking at the slim hydro protein skimmer I think. How much is that one?

Just get a regular tank and put some baffles in.. will save you alot of money over buying a premade one.. Only takes about an hour or so to throw a few baffles in and use silicone to attach the baffles to the sump..( I always use plexiglass for the baffles Just not to thin) If you use plexiglass you can make all the cuts with a circular saw..Just dont use acrylic for the baffles or you will need to get weld to put it on, and just make sure that the silicone doesnt have any chemicals other then the 100% silicone..
skimmer...
Aquarium Protein Skimmer: Hydor Slim Skim Protein Skimmer

Yup I already got 10 gallon tank all I need is glass and skimmer and pump live rock and I feel like im missing somthing else beside overflow box

cpr is a really nice overflow I just like the eshopps because of the price and have never had any issues with them... been using them for several years now..

that is up to you, I have heard alot of good about the skimmer havent used either one just going on word of mouth..

Yea same thing.. Well so far need baffles and stuff for that return pump, skimmer, overflow, live rock, and some pipeing and hmm missing anythong else?

whats the live rock for? if you have enough in the tank there is no need to put any in the sump just run it barebottom with some chaeto in it..
Dont forget to get the silicone or the baffles wont do you any good.. :D

Back