Sundial Snail

DVH

Reefing newb
This morning i turned the lights on in the tank, and smack dab in the middle of my largest zoa colony there was a sundial snail:grumble:. I know these are deadly to zoa's, but my question is i looked on all my other zoa's and found no trace of any other one's. it was about 3/8" in size which is pretty big, could i have just this one or should i expect more. All the zoa's are wide open and show no signs of attack. If any one has had experience with these please give some advice. Thanks in advance.

I haven't heard of that kind of snail, but probably the best coarse of action is too remove it. And if you see more remove them.

It's been removed. They can wipe out a colony in days. Google them and look at pics and make sure you don't have any.

I too would remove it. If you see more than you can remove by hand you can add a wrasse that will eat them. I cant remember the name off the top of my head, but i will look it up late when i return home.

Thanks little fish. Hey Alex, try these websites for hitchiker identification. lionfislair.com click on hitchiker guide and xtalreef.com. i'm assuming theres other sites out there, these are just the ones i came across.

Good thing you've found it...I once had one and when I removed it, I never saw another one in my tank again. So it's pretty safe to assume you won't see another one.

Back