SunRise's 55g Seahorse Reef

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
Ok its been exactly 1 year since I got my very first taste of salt life! About 6 months later I started my seahorse tank and now I have combined them into one. I am very excited and happy to share with you all my newest baby.

I cant pass up a sale, $1 gallon! :D

COn34.jpg

FTS (I am having major skimmer bubble issues right now I hope they go away soon)

z5Y1b.jpg

All my new corals I just scored for $65!

R174x.jpg

WFc9L.jpg

r3wA5.jpg

KA1D6.jpg

Feather duster valley

GFaar.jpg

And a few action shots:

8uaoe.jpg

0Gb5I.jpg

Blenny photobomb!

MxDBN.jpg

She looks so sweet and innocent but she is mean and a hornet when its time to eat :mrgreen:

FoiAb.jpg

jeeze, what a surprise to see this set up, not even a warning! awesome tank amber!!!!!

I have mentioned it in a few other posts but I wanted the thread to start off with details and pictures and not 5 pages of comments before the first pics LOL

Thanks! I had to get rid of my 2 anemones and my lemonpeel angel fish but I am ready to get more seahorses and lots more corals now! :bounce:

My clownfish loving his worm bed LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R9wOhP6Ros&feature=g-upl&context=G2c4f985AUAAAAAAAAAA]Clown fish in feather duster bed - YouTube[/ame]

And here is my female seahorse holding down the male at dinner time, she is evil when its time to eat!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJryct-1Dq0&feature=plcp&context=C39c6c02UDOEgsToPDskILwjRSme9K7mQt6iBhZpaJ]Seahorse choke hold at dinner time - YouTube[/ame]

New hammer
b7Cpc.jpg

Shrooms
4KAsl.jpg

Green Slimer
GeF6Z.jpg

Dozer and his new treasures
nJaPw.jpg

Green polyp toadstool
7S7fr.jpg

Anthelia and green star polyps
Ts7ae.jpg

Candy canes and star polyps
6Bm3s.jpg

Left side of the tank
mEJow.jpg

Center
a5C1K.jpg

Right
8cFF9.jpg

Frogspawn
cAH9E.jpg

Duncans getting HUGE
zCDOr.jpg

My favorite girl
8m0MF.jpg

My male seahorse wearing his pinstripe suit this week
zdvjd.jpg

Even my female has put on some white stripes as well. I think its because the new sand
qmeOY.jpg

Do the hammer and frogspawn ever bother the seahorses? Do they try to hitch on it and get stung? Just curious.

Do the hammer and frogspawn ever bother the seahorses? Do they try to hitch on it and get stung? Just curious.

No the seahorses have never hitched on them, I think they have pretty good instincts on what to avoid. They hitch a lot to my candelabra gorgonian and the red macroalgae tree. They also like to hitch to the worm tubes and of course they have just a plain wood stick also.

New seahorses for anyone who gives a crap! LOL

With Ocean Riders I asked for 2 females and I really wanted them to have lots of cirri (spikes) and they sent me a male and a female with NO cirri.

This time I got exactly what I asked for I am very happy with my seahorse source purchase.

p5XTG.jpg

w6O49.jpg

They are very curious of their new friends

tUT44.jpg

T0vyb.jpg

KZHQt.jpg

jWzKX.jpg

tMMN6.jpg

Eshqm.jpg

Group pic!

eBdyr.jpg

This urchin is such a brat he totally broke my bubble algae tree

rtlSR.jpg

I really love your seahorses. You make me want a seahorse tank...do you find it terribly difficult to take care of them? Also what do you feed them?

Your tank is amazing!! I'm thinking of using my smaller tank for small peaceful fish and corals, and seeing how your seahorses get along with your other species is very inspiring!

Back