SunRise's Pony Ranch

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
My second tank will be dedicated to seahorses and pipefish and maybe down the road a mandarin!
It is a 34gallon tall.
I completed a seahorse training course that taught me everything I need to know about how to care for seahorses with Pete Giwojna which you can find here
Seahorse.com - Seahorse, Sea Life, Marine Life, Aquafarm Sales, Feeds and Accessories

Here is the progression of my new pony ranch!

Shipment one of my package from Tampa Bay Saltwater (TBS) plus a few dry rocks

a82hr.jpg

Cycle completed in only 1 week! Here is a porcelain crab from my established reef living in the new tank.

qauQd.jpg

Second shipment arrived on 7/21 here is one of my favorite critters a decorator crab putting on a new outfit!

OoaMa.jpg

And this is why Richard is so awesome! I ordered one decorator and he sent me TWO! There he is at the top of the tree! I love these little guys

LlwWY.jpg

Here are my rocks after about 30 minutes of aquascaping. I like to change them often so it probably wont look anything like this in a month!

YszhJ.jpg

Here is my first fish for this tank he is a Yashi Goby, after he does ok for the next few weeks I will be ordering my first pair of seahorses. I cant wait!

QIblX.jpg

And here is my FTS after all my new hitching posts are ready and rocks are arranged. Lots of swimming and mating room for my ponies!

xiKeB.jpg

Looks great! Im glad you decided to do seahorses :)

I have cube just waiting to be turned into another seahorse tank, i need to wait for the roommate to leave for a weekend to set it up on the sly . . .. hehehehehhe . .. ..

I though you already posted a showcase thread about this?

But anyway, that looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun. Are you going to keep the water between 70 and 74 degrees? And isn't that kinda cold for the goby?

Another question, aren't decorator crabs not exactly reef safe?

Are you going to keep the water between 70 and 74 degrees? And isn't that kinda cold for the goby?

According to seahorse.com 75 degrees is optimal for seahorses, most fish from tropical waters will do well with temps between 72-82 degrees.

Good luck btw Amber, I can't wait to see the horses in there ... What kind of pipefish are you thinking about?

Today I got my order of macro and a few snails from ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Home here are the pics.

(Please ignore my water, it is so gross I cant wait until my skimmer arrives it should be here by the end of the week.)

Gluing a few Gracilaria frags onto a rock
OeizD.jpg

Cactus Caulerpa garden!
yJ7I2.jpg

HJ50r.jpg

This was my free penny frag they sent, not sure what it is but its cool
7DzFj.jpg

FtdBT.jpg

FTS finally got a black background that was tall enough!

4Ziya.jpg

Here is a snap of my goby he is doing well. He is such a slow cautious eater he will do really well with the ponies.

TwQza.jpg

Only thing left to get is my new babies I cant wait to order them!

Last edited:
Ok today I got my first pipefish! Its a female dragon face.

7Tl5B.jpg

v2xqh.jpg

And grabbed me a cool scarlet hermit while i was there too. I loved the white shell but of course it will probably trade it out now LOL

kZaX1.jpg

Back