Super Gluing under water

poksal

Well? .. I AM trying
So... after playing around I discovered that if you wet your glove (I used a finger of an old glove so I can remove it and use it over and over) and place a glob of Loctite Super Glue Ultra Gel Control on the finger tip then rub the LR spot you want to attach a coral to until it wants to hold the glove finger, .... then .. . with the gloved hand after the additional finger tip is removed, place the coral (which you have just previously placed a glob of glue) on to that spot, it improves the bonding time intently. It doesn't take much more than a touch and twist to do the job.

With this method you don't have to get as rough with the frag and can have corals about anywhere.

Last edited:
That works well if you have a shallow tank, but mine is deep and it is a pain in the ass !

I can't reach the bottom of my tank... so all the coral at the bottom has to be placed with a grabber. The bottom of my tank is 29.5" from the rim of the fancy wood thingie. My grabber is 35" long, I had to extend it... in this case longer is better.

But I can reach most of my live rock tops, and that is where I am learning to "glue". It takes a big glob of glue on the LR and on the coral base. So I suppose I will have to add a stock of glue bottles to my "kit".

This hobby just keeps getting better (more complex) ...... and more expensive. Does the spending ever slow down??

Last edited:
Not really lol, theres always that one thing you gotta have ;)

Yeah, as today while I'm out:
Nitrile gloves
Super jell control
another pump so I don't have carry water from the change tank and reef tank and toilet..

BTW: many of these posts are from my truck as I'm out doing wild wife rescues... Now that I'm retired I do a job I WANT to do....:)

PS - if you would like to rescue some "dadgum "armadillos ( not the word i wanted to use lol), feel free to come to my house .

Rescuing wild wives, hunh? Sounds interesting. Do tell......:lol: ;-)

I think I read about this in a Dear Abby column once. The driver of a well-off husband and wife drove the wife to Vegas for a girls-only trip, where he witnessed her cheating on her husband (the driver's boss). The driver wanted to know if he should tell the husband. Sounds like you could have been called out to tame that wild breast...I mean beast of a wife! :lol:

Oh, geeeze, now the cat's out of the bag. Now everyone knows my true ID. Please do not tell my wife she thinks I come home every night exhausted from doing wildlife rescues.

Back