Super Ick Cure

reefkeeper55

Reefing newb
has anyone ever used super ick cure pro series? I still have an ongoing ick outbreak in my 150 reef tank. Also will hypo alone get rid of the ick? my large sailfin is now staying in front of one of the powerheads.....he really has it bad but is still eating well...think I am just before setting up my old 75 for hyposalinity ....also if i go hypo should I still use the super ick cure? thanks in advance for any help.....:frustrat:

The super ich cure won't actually cure the ich. It will kill only one stage of the ich organisms, so the other stages eventually reproduce and grow up.

Hyposalinity will cure it 100% if done correctly. Hyposalinity and copper are the only two proven methods to kill ich.

If you do hypo, do not use the super ich cure at the same time. You will need to catch and treat all the fish in your tank. And you will need to leave your tank empty of fish for 6 to 8 weeks to eradicate it from your system.

Someone could make a ton of money developing a reef safe ich cure that really works. Ich seems to be a daily topic around these parts.

my sailfin was prone to ick, even though none of my other fish ever got it... until i got a cleaner shrimp. I picked one that was actively cleaning the fish in its tank, and took it home. within days, the ick on the sailfin was visibly reduced. Haven't had an outbreak since (appx 9 monhts).

also, put garlic extract or mashed up fresh garlic on his seaweed sheets for a while before you feed it to the fish. The antioxidants help bolster immune systems.

Now in my spare time, I'm gonna go experiment on ick cures... ;)

Back